Invalid Handle when Printing to Network Printer

a b D Laptop
a b α HP
February 11, 2005 11:01:30 AM

I have a home wireless network comprising a Toshiba Satellite laptop and a
desktop machine. Both machines use WINXP SP2. A HP Deskjet 930c printer is
connected to my 'desktop' and the printer driver native to WINXP and the HP
driver are loaded. The desktop uses the HP driver by default and prints
without problems.

The laptop can 'see' both printer drivers on the desktop and both appear to
install on the laptop. When I select the HP printer driver as the default
on the laptop and try to print I get the message 'Invalid Handle'. The
Laptop prints successfully to the HP 930c using the WINXP native driver.

Any idea why I am getting the 'invalid handle' message and to get the laptop
to print using the HP Driver that has more features than the WINXP native
driver.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
February 11, 2005 4:05:38 PM

You've confused it by having both drivers installed when you only need the
HP.

Uninstall the printer....

Download the new package from HP:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadInde...

Then follow the instructions from Step 6 onwards.
www.coribright.com

!