  • Configuration
  • Modem
  • Windows XP
February 11, 2005 3:17:04 PM

Hi
When I try to send a fax I am advised no modem installed. I try to config
and only get standard modem list. I use Broadband. How do I config to send
useing console?

More about : broadband cofig

Anonymous
February 11, 2005 6:55:48 PM

Broadband modems (cable or DSL) have no fax features in them. They only
give you high speed Internet access. If you want to you the Broadband for
faxing, you will need to sign up with an Internet faxing service.

You would need a standard modem (analog) to use the built-in faxing service
od XP.

"whatlink" <whatlink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> When I try to send a fax I am advised no modem installed. I try to config
> and only get standard modem list. I use Broadband. How do I config to send
> useing console?
February 11, 2005 6:59:52 PM

Do you have a telephony fax/modem installed? That is required to send a
fax. It cannot be done through a broadband connection.
--

!