Printing but not as Admin

February 12, 2005 10:25:01 AM

I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have attached to
my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to administrator.
Is there anyway i can change this?

More about : printing admin

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 6:06:44 PM

See:
and
http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%2...
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
www.coribright.com

"paulmh_5" <paulmh_5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have attached
> my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
> machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to
> administrator.
> Is there anyway i can change this?

Anonymous
February 12, 2005 7:33:03 PM

This information on that site sadly doesnt help. The printer is not attached
to a printer server so i cant install it using the commands. All users can
see the printer but can only print when they have admin access so it seems to
be connected ok.

"paulmh_5" wrote:

> I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have attached to
> my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
> machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to administrator.
> Is there anyway i can change this?
February 14, 2005 12:46:56 PM

Verify that everyone has write access to the spool directory. The default
is \windows\system32\spool\printers. This is a directory setting.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> This information on that site sadly doesnt help. The printer is not
attached
> to a printer server so i cant install it using the commands. All users
can
> see the printer but can only print when they have admin access so it seems
> be connected ok.
>
> "paulmh_5" wrote:
>
> > I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have
attached to
> > my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
> > machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to
administrator.
> > Is there anyway i can change this?
Anonymous
February 27, 2005 12:17:05 PM

I copied the all the folders into the shared documents as directed from the
system and I am still unable to print as anyone who is not an administrator.

!