Printing but not as Admin

I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have attached to
my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to administrator.
Is there anyway i can change this?
4 answers Last reply
More about printing admin

    See:
    and
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/Printing%20to%20Print%20Server%20device.htm
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
    www.coribright.com

    "paulmh_5" <paulmh_5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have attached
    > my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
    > machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to
    > administrator.
    > Is there anyway i can change this?

    This information on that site sadly doesnt help. The printer is not attached
    to a printer server so i cant install it using the commands. All users can
    see the printer but can only print when they have admin access so it seems to
    be connected ok.

    "paulmh_5" wrote:

    > I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have attached to
    > my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
    > machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to administrator.
    > Is there anyway i can change this?

    Verify that everyone has write access to the spool directory. The default
    is \windows\system32\spool\printers. This is a directory setting.

    --
    Alan Morris
    Windows Printing Team

    > This information on that site sadly doesnt help. The printer is not
    attached
    > to a printer server so i cant install it using the commands. All users
    can
    > see the printer but can only print when they have admin access so it seems
    > be connected ok.
    >
    > "paulmh_5" wrote:
    >
    > > I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have
    attached to
    > > my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
    > > machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to
    administrator.
    > > Is there anyway i can change this?

    I copied the all the folders into the shared documents as directed from the
    system and I am still unable to print as anyone who is not an administrator.

    "Alan Morris(MSFT)" wrote:

    > Verify that everyone has write access to the spool directory. The default
    > is \windows\system32\spool\printers. This is a directory setting.
    >

    > --
    > Alan Morris
    > Windows Printing Team

    > "paulmh_5" <paulmh_5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > This information on that site sadly doesnt help. The printer is not
    > attached
    > > to a printer server so i cant install it using the commands. All users
    > can
    > > see the printer but can only print when they have admin access so it seems
    > > be connected ok.
    > >
    > > "paulmh_5" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have just purchaced a HP all in 1 network printer which i have
    > attached to
    > > > my switch/router. The printer is install on all profiles on the local
    > > > machine however i can only print to it when the user is set to
    > administrator.
    > > > Is there anyway i can change this?

Windows XP