Resetting ink levels

I've replaced the color cartridge in my Dell A940 printer (was running very
low, while black ink still at 80%). Aligned cartridges, and the printer is
working just fine. However, the pop-up window that comes up when I hit
'Print', that displays ink levels has not detected the new cartridge. It
continued to go down until it told me the cartridge was completely empty. In
fact, it's almost full. Can find no instructions for resetting the meter.
Can anyone give me the steps? (Computer is Dell 4600C, running Windows XP
Home Edition). Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about resetting levels

    If they are Dell cartridges then read the printer manual. If they are
    refilled, you'll probably be lookinf for some device to reset the chip on
    the cartridges.
    --
    Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
    www.coribright.com

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums?category.id=dprinter

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    Cari (MS-MVP) wrote:
    > If they are Dell cartridges then read the printer manual. If they are
    > refilled, you'll probably be lookinf for some device to reset the
    > chip on the cartridges.

    You can't refill tanks - it just won't work. I also have to say the OP must
    either not use the printer very much, or must be incredibly wealthy - as you
    know, Dell printers can only take Dell tanks.

    Depending on when - and where - the system was purchased, the printer could
    have very well have been a freebie (but I hope it wasn't the pivotal
    influence on purchase). A black tank is £25 and a colour £30 - the unit only
    costs £50!

    on salads.

Dell Printers Windows XP