Canon BJC-240 help needed

I am having problems with my Canon BJC-240 printer since I upgrade my PC
from Windows 2000 to XP. When I try to print any job, the printer prints a
sequence of 0 (zeroes) in the first page/first line, and then start to print
the job in the second page, but the printing is stopped before finish. Do
anyone of the list have suggestions to correct the problem?

Thanks!
Paulo.
1 answer Last reply
More about canon needed

    I'm suprized that you still have a working 240!
    Anyway, the usual things to do are to make sure that the driver is
    compatable with XP, and the port mode is compatable.
    If you did an "upgrade" install of XP, you may need to uninstall the
    existing driver, and reinstall the correct driver for XP.
    There is a possibility that the parallel port mode may not be set correctly
    to work with this printer. I'd go into BIOS, and see what mode the parallel
    port is set to. The mode of choice will be ECP. If that doesn't work, try
    standard parallel port (SPP).

    At one time, Canon had a cleanup utility for this printer's drivers on the
    web site. I have no idea if it's still there, or needed with the later
    driver versions.

    "Paulo Henrique" <paulo.henrique@directnet.com.br> wrote in message
    >I am having problems with my Canon BJC-240 printer since I upgrade my PC
    >from Windows 2000 to XP. When I try to print any job, the printer prints a
    >sequence of 0 (zeroes) in the first page/first line, and then start to
    >print the job in the second page, but the printing is stopped before
    >finish. Do anyone of the list have suggestions to correct the problem?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Paulo.

Canon Printers Windows XP