Canon BJC-240 help needed

February 12, 2005 9:08:01 PM

I am having problems with my Canon BJC-240 printer since I upgrade my PC
from Windows 2000 to XP. When I try to print any job, the printer prints a
sequence of 0 (zeroes) in the first page/first line, and then start to print
the job in the second page, but the printing is stopped before finish. Do
anyone of the list have suggestions to correct the problem?

Thanks!
Paulo.

More about : canon bjc 240 needed

February 13, 2005 1:44:28 AM

I'm suprized that you still have a working 240!
Anyway, the usual things to do are to make sure that the driver is
compatable with XP, and the port mode is compatable.
If you did an "upgrade" install of XP, you may need to uninstall the
existing driver, and reinstall the correct driver for XP.
There is a possibility that the parallel port mode may not be set correctly
to work with this printer. I'd go into BIOS, and see what mode the parallel
port is set to. The mode of choice will be ECP. If that doesn't work, try
standard parallel port (SPP).

At one time, Canon had a cleanup utility for this printer's drivers on the
web site. I have no idea if it's still there, or needed with the later
driver versions.

!