Help! 1 step further in Lexm mire, deleted lexbce.exe, spo..

XP...Epson cx5400 was working fine, but Lexmark 4in1 reminants always
interfering.
I did not add SP2 when 1st out, watch & see fixes attitude.
Then difficult family situation delayed further.

Post surgery I found nasty-word bug(s) in wordpad, & I set my mind on search
& destroy, then radical clean & protect. Will Hijakthis clean if necessary.
I was was told needed bugfree computer for problem-free SP2 install.

Spybot found last Lexmark morsel, LEXBEC.exe, so I deleted.
Then Epson is dead with print spooler error notice.
I did follow instructions 1 & 2 in article 324757 rev.4.0
It says I Do Not have a printer installed. (Epson scanner is)
I cannot re-install the epson printer. as I do not have a print spooler.
I did go to Sandersons clean article, am confused, not sure if it pertains
now that lexbec is gone. (or seems gone)

Also, I am stuck at home post surgery, & also caring for elderly mother with
dementia, so cannot leave...no printer to copy instructions to attempt this
myself, (start in safe mode, so no back & forth from screen.
+ Not tech savy.
Is there some way i can find a human voice to walk me through this
restoration step by step over my phone?
A printer is essential to care for some of our medical & daily business needs.
Thanks for considering my inquiry & possible solutions.
C.d.P.
PS. my clean machine of all bugs is stymied too, since instructions are
lengthy/complicated, need to be printed to to follow.

RE: HELP! Part 2...I have had a volunteer talk me through Help&Support
Article#324757...in safemode...all traces of Lexmark & Epson, (my current all
in 1), seem to be removed.
However, after restarting the computer, the error 1068 returned...no print
spooler.
Volunteer #1 went as far as he could for now...I said i would appeal again
for solution from experts here.
Any further suggestions?

"techbaby" wrote:

> XP...Epson cx5400 was working fine, but Lexmark 4in1 reminants always
> interfering.
> I did not add SP2 when 1st out, watch & see fixes attitude.
> Then difficult family situation delayed further.
>
> Post surgery I found nasty-word bug(s) in wordpad, & I set my mind on search
> & destroy, then radical clean & protect. Will Hijakthis clean if necessary.
> I was was told needed bugfree computer for problem-free SP2 install.
>
> Spybot found last Lexmark morsel, LEXBEC.exe, so I deleted.
> Then Epson is dead with print spooler error notice.
> I did follow instructions 1 & 2 in article 324757 rev.4.0
> It says I Do Not have a printer installed. (Epson scanner is)
> I cannot re-install the epson printer. as I do not have a print spooler.
> I did go to Sandersons clean article, am confused, not sure if it pertains
> now that lexbec is gone. (or seems gone)
>
> Also, I am stuck at home post surgery, & also caring for elderly mother with
> dementia, so cannot leave...no printer to copy instructions to attempt this
> myself, (start in safe mode, so no back & forth from screen.
> + Not tech savy.
> Is there some way i can find a human voice to walk me through this
> restoration step by step over my phone?
> A printer is essential to care for some of our medical & daily business needs.
> Thanks for considering my inquiry & possible solutions.
> C.d.P.
> PS. my clean machine of all bugs is stymied too, since instructions are
> lengthy/complicated, need to be printed to to follow.

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

sorry don't use Lexmark or Epson printers only canon and HP