Compatible drives for Armada 4100....

Anyone know how interchangeable Compaq (or other?) drives are with the
Armada 4100? I am after replacement floppy drive and have seen loads on
eBay, but not the exact model. Question is, would other Compaq floppy
drives.

Same question for CD drives...
Any advice, leads appreciated.

Thakns.

Sam

Well, they go in the clip on dock. This is 1996, so not too standard.

The 4100 and 4200 models are interchangeable. Beyond that...

Tom
<splatt4000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Anyone know how interchangeable Compaq (or other?) drives are with the
> Armada 4100? I am after replacement floppy drive and have seen loads on
> eBay, but not the exact model. Question is, would other Compaq floppy
> drives.
>
> Same question for CD drives...
> Any advice, leads appreciated.
>
> Thakns.
>
> Sam

jerome

Distinguished
May 17, 2002

splatt4000@yahoo.co.uk a écrit:
> Anyone know how interchangeable Compaq (or other?) drives are with the
> Armada 4100? I am after replacement floppy drive and have seen loads on
> eBay, but not the exact model. Question is, would other Compaq floppy
> drives.
>
> Same question for CD drives...
> Any advice, leads appreciated.
>
> Thakns.
>
> Sam

The 4100 series has no internal CD, the optional CD is in a dock (which
you can find sometimes on Ebay for a lot of $)