Data Cable for LG 8000

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
March 22, 2005 6:39:01 PM

Dose any one have a Data cable or USB cable for the LG 8000 yet? Dose any
one have a mobile office kit for the LG 8000 yet? I have been to my local
Verizon store, called Verizon Customer service, and went to Radio Shack and
they do not have a cable or office kit for this phone yet.

More about : data cable 8000

March 22, 2005 6:39:02 PM

I been using a 6100/7000 cable on my 8000 and works fine. The 6000
cable is keyed different but can be made to work. Cable can be had for
as cheap as $1.00 plus shipping on ebay.

Steve
March 22, 2005 9:37:57 PM

A lot of folks (inlcuding me) are buying ths one from ebay...

-Frank

"Viper" <user@user.com> wrote in message
news:p _W%d.10000$fn3.1451@attbi_s01...
> Dose any one have a Data cable or USB cable for the LG 8000 yet? Dose any
> one have a mobile office kit for the LG 8000 yet? I have been to my local
> Verizon store, called Verizon Customer service, and went to Radio Shack
> and
> they do not have a cable or office kit for this phone yet.

April 14, 2005 8:44:18 PM

Bought 1 on ebay for 9.99, with cd and drivers. However, Verizon wants
to sell package to access pictures and data. Cable is useless
apparently.

--
kayhs
April 15, 2005 11:36:11 PM

Cable is not useless, try setting it up properly to dial (#777)
If you have the drivers set up properly and your ISP name and passward,
it will connect. Mine works incredibly well! Now saying that,
I should mention that I have the $15 package that you need to acces
unlimited internet and video
clips, however, I see no reason that you need that unless they notice
high download usage.
If you need the right instructions, contact me direct at ck@ckradio.net
Good luck, Chris

kayhs wrote:

>Bought 1 on ebay for 9.99, with cd and drivers. However, Verizon wants
>to sell package to access pictures and data. Cable is useless
>apparently.

Anonymous
June 18, 2005 11:35:51 PM

does anyone have a clue as to how to make winfax on a laptop make the
verizon mobile office kit dial a fax #. The phone (samsung a650) is
recognized as a modem, but winfax won't make it dial and verizon tech
support is useless.
thanx,
cdan

--
cdan
June 18, 2005 11:35:52 PM

If it is indeed installed properly (look in Device Manager and see), it will
also show up in Winfax.

It needs to be 'activated' or enabled.

go to Tools / program setup / modems and communications devices
Do you see the phone/modem listed? See the active check box?
Activate it and it will test it and install it.

If it isn't listed, you have driver issues or some other non-Winfax problem.