Distinctive Ring for faxing

lincoln

Distinguished
May 28, 2004

I see many questions about the lack of the support for distinctive ring in XP
but all replies seem to direct users to a hardware solution. I don't think a
hardware solution will work for me and was hoping to find a software
solution. The reason I don't think hardware will do it for me is that I use
Call Notes (voice mail) on the main number and fax on the distinctive ring
number on the same line. I think these hardware devices will cause my VM not
to pick up the call??? Any suggestions???

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

Yeah I have similar set up with voicemail what you do is find out how many
rings until your voicemail picks up and set up your fax to answer one ring
later :) hope that helps, my voicemail answers on the seventh ring. so fax
answers on 8th
"Lincoln" <Lincoln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I see many questions about the lack of the support for distinctive ring in
>XP
> but all replies seem to direct users to a hardware solution. I don't think
> hardware solution will work for me and was hoping to find a software
> solution. The reason I don't think hardware will do it for me is that I
> use
> Call Notes (voice mail) on the main number and fax on the distinctive ring
> number on the same line. I think these hardware devices will cause my VM
> not
> to pick up the call??? Any suggestions???

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

http://www.tucows.com/preview/247082.html

http://www.spyfind.com/bitware.html

or solve the problem and use one program for both, I would recommend
Cheyenne I was using it before I upgraded to XP.

"Lincoln" <Lincoln@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I see many questions about the lack of the support for distinctive ring in
>XP
> but all replies seem to direct users to a hardware solution. I don't think
> hardware solution will work for me and was hoping to find a software
> solution. The reason I don't think hardware will do it for me is that I
> use
> Call Notes (voice mail) on the main number and fax on the distinctive ring
> number on the same line. I think these hardware devices will cause my VM
> not
> to pick up the call??? Any suggestions???

glow

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2005

Oh also supervoice is very good

http://www.hitec.com.au/supervoice/supervoice_pro4_old.html
http://www.supervoice.com/

used to have old version of it, must admit its fantastic, absolutely five
star but your paying for it.