cannot print anything including test page

upgraded to XP, obtained the latest driver and installed it, but it will not
print anything.......I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it but
does not help

Dell Dimension 8100
Lexmark Z33 printer

Did you uninstall and reinstall correctly?

What make and model of printer is it and how are you trying to connect it to
the PC?
www.coribright.com

"racindude" <racindude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> upgraded to XP, obtained the latest driver and installed it, but it will
> not
> print anything.......I have uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it but
> does not help
>
> Dell Dimension 8100
> Lexmark Z33 printer

If it is connected to the parallel port you may need to change the BIOS
setting on the system for that interface. Also check that you have the
latest BIOS upgrade from Dell. Here is the KB article for this machine.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313468&Product=winxp
Dell Dimension 8100 Computer Cannot Print After You Install Windows XP

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team