Wireless printing, now wired has problems

I set up my laptop to print wirelessly to a printer that is connected to
another computer. It works great. But I also have that same printer installed
on a usb port, as I sometimes connect to it directly and print that way. But
ever since I started printing to it wirelessly, every time I physically
connect to it (even though they are installed as 2 different printers) XP
says it is new hardware and prompts me to install drivers. If I do, all of
the documents I have saved in my offline queue get deleted. If I just ignore
the prompts, it works fine for new stuff I print, but sometimes the offline
documents don't print and must be deleted. Help?!
2 answers Last reply
More about wireless printing wired problems

    Solution would be don't unplug the printer, network the 2 PC's and share the
    printer, I would, I have too I have too many files sitting each on different
    PC's and different software on each, but a need to use each file with a
    variety of the software amongst the PC's at different stages, saves allot of
    problems being able to share files between the machines as needed without
    saving to disc or flash drive. I have 2 printers 2 scanners more camera's
    than I should logically need, it's much easier being able to use it all with
    either PC, whichever has the most appropriate software for the purpose at
    the time.

    Some people think they are helping me out by giving me more hardware :o not
    always the case believe me it is possible to have TOO MUCH of a good
    thing.......anyone want a digital camera? I have 5 various qualities and
    features :o

    "wonderfish" <wonderfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I set up my laptop to print wirelessly to a printer that is connected to
    > another computer. It works great. But I also have that same printer
    > installed
    > on a usb port, as I sometimes connect to it directly and print that way.
    > But
    > ever since I started printing to it wirelessly, every time I physically
    > connect to it (even though they are installed as 2 different printers) XP
    > says it is new hardware and prompts me to install drivers. If I do, all of
    > the documents I have saved in my offline queue get deleted. If I just
    > ignore
    > the prompts, it works fine for new stuff I print, but sometimes the
    > offline
    > documents don't print and must be deleted. Help?!

    ok 1 Laptop missed that, stick to one connection or the other which with a
    laptop would be wireless.......hmmmm im baffled how anyone would have only a
    laptop, I had only a laptop for 5 years when I was a kid, never again, would
    love to have a laptop again but there is no way I would have it as my only
    computer.
    "wonderfish" <wonderfish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I set up my laptop to print wirelessly to a printer that is connected to
    > another computer. It works great. But I also have that same printer
    > installed
    > on a usb port, as I sometimes connect to it directly and print that way.
    > But
    > ever since I started printing to it wirelessly, every time I physically
    > connect to it (even though they are installed as 2 different printers) XP
    > says it is new hardware and prompts me to install drivers. If I do, all of
    > the documents I have saved in my offline queue get deleted. If I just
    > ignore
    > the prompts, it works fine for new stuff I print, but sometimes the
    > offline
    > documents don't print and must be deleted. Help?!

Printers Windows XP