printer problem

here recently...my computer crashed and i had to completely re-install
everything on it again and rebuild it. now that i have all of that taken care
of...my printer is not properly installed on it. every time i try to
re-install it...it says that the hardware can not be found. is there some
kind of cd that i have to re-install it from?...because i can't figure it
out...please help....
3 answers Last reply
More about printer problem

    What is the make and model of your printer?
    www.coribright.com

    "krbarnes" <krbarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > here recently...my computer crashed and i had to completely re-install
    > everything on it again and rebuild it. now that i have all of that taken
    > care
    > of...my printer is not properly installed on it. every time i try to
    > re-install it...it says that the hardware can not be found. is there some
    > kind of cd that i have to re-install it from?...because i can't figure it
    > out...please help....

    it's a dell a940....it the all-in-one printer.........but you see, i
    re-installed windows xp on my computer....does xp support a dell printer???

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > What is the make and model of your printer?
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "krbarnes" <krbarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > here recently...my computer crashed and i had to completely re-install
    > > everything on it again and rebuild it. now that i have all of that taken
    > > care
    > > of...my printer is not properly installed on it. every time i try to
    > > re-install it...it says that the hardware can not be found. is there some
    > > kind of cd that i have to re-install it from?...because i can't figure it
    > > out...please help....

    Yes it does. You'll have to get the software from:
    http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R56532&SystemID=PRN_ALL_A940&category=0&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=4150&devlib=40&fileid=67478

    Install software BEFORE connecting printer to PC. Connect ONLY when it
    tells you to do so.
    --

    > it's a dell a940....it the all-in-one printer.........but you see, i
    > re-installed windows xp on my computer....does xp support a dell
    > printer???
    >
    > "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> What is the make and model of your printer?
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "krbarnes" <krbarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > here recently...my computer crashed and i had to completely re-install
    >> > everything on it again and rebuild it. now that i have all of that
    >> > taken
    >> > care
    >> > of...my printer is not properly installed on it. every time i try to
    >> > re-install it...it says that the hardware can not be found. is there
    >> > some
    >> > kind of cd that i have to re-install it from?...because i can't figure
    >> > it
    >> > out...please help....

Microsoft Printers Windows XP