printer problem

here recently...my computer crashed and i had to completely re-install
everything on it again and rebuild it. now that i have all of that taken care
of...my printer is not properly installed on it. every time i try to
re-install it...it says that the hardware can not be found. is there some
kind of cd that i have to re-install it from?...because i can't figure it
out...please help....

What is the make and model of your printer?
www.coribright.com

"krbarnes" <krbarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> here recently...my computer crashed and i had to completely re-install
> everything on it again and rebuild it. now that i have all of that taken
> care
> of...my printer is not properly installed on it. every time i try to
> re-install it...it says that the hardware can not be found. is there some
> kind of cd that i have to re-install it from?...because i can't figure it
> out...please help....

it's a dell a940....it the all-in-one printer.........but you see, i
re-installed windows xp on my computer....does xp support a dell printer???

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What is the make and model of your printer?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com
>
> "krbarnes" <krbarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > here recently...my computer crashed and i had to completely re-install
> > everything on it again and rebuild it. now that i have all of that taken
> > care
> > of...my printer is not properly installed on it. every time i try to
> > re-install it...it says that the hardware can not be found. is there some
> > kind of cd that i have to re-install it from?...because i can't figure it
> > out...please help....

Yes it does. You'll have to get the software from:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&releaseid=R56532&SystemID=PRN_ALL_A940&category=0&os=WW1&osl=en&deviceid=4150&devlib=40&fileid=67478

Install software BEFORE connecting printer to PC. Connect ONLY when it
tells you to do so.