Lexmark X4270 All-in-one

Having serious issues with Lexmark X4270 Printer, Fax, Copier and Scanner.
1st was the spooler issue. Solved and printer worked for 1 week. Now there
seems to be a problem with communication. XP will not communicate with
printer. Uninstalled - reinstalled did not work. Manually cleaned out
registry - reinstalled did not work. Spooler file is clean. Any ideas?

Have you looked for updated drivers???

"Will B." <Will B.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Having serious issues with Lexmark X4270 Printer, Fax, Copier and Scanner.
> 1st was the spooler issue. Solved and printer worked for 1 week. Now there
> seems to be a problem with communication. XP will not communicate with
> printer. Uninstalled - reinstalled did not work. Manually cleaned out
> registry - reinstalled did not work. Spooler file is clean. Any ideas?

Yes. I found the bios was updated by Dell from A02 to A03. A swift drive to
the local Wal-Mart for a 1.44 mb disk and an even quicker download and
install fixed the bios chipset for the usb driver. Printer is working great.
Any one using a Dell should regularly look for bios updates.