Losing 840c printer on re-boot.

gilgamesh

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2004

Hi Cari,

As requested.......

-Did you install tbe motherboard chipset drivers?- Yes....from
manufacteurs site.

-Have you tried a diferent parallel cable?-Yes....A known good one from
another printer

-What are the LPT port settings in the BIOS?- Tried EPP and EPC
settings in bios.

-What are the LPT port settings in Device Manager?- Set for
non-interrupt.

Just for the record I may try a converter between Parallel and USB and
see if that makes a difference. If not I'll try putting a network card
in the PC and try using a HP Jetdirect (mini print server) by adding a
new TCP/IP port and IP address .

Thank you for your prompt response.

Regards..............Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Is Enable Legacy Plug and Play checked for the LPT port in Device Manager?
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
www.coribright.com