So many choices, What to choose?

mothman103182

Distinguished
May 13, 2002
I have made up my mind what mb i was going to buy about 20 times in the past month. I think I have my mind made up and I read something bad about it or I find something thats supposed to be better and I change my mind. There doesn't seem to be a clear choice. So what is the best ddr333 board I can buy for about 100 bucks. Any suggestions or input would be appriciated.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey M,

If you have made up your mind just do it.

There is always going to be something better. There are always going to be people who got bad out of the box mobo's or don't know what they are doing & mess up their system & blame it on the mobo or people who hate without reason(& love to post about it).

All you can do is make the best choice at the time that you buy, with the information that you have at the time. Read all the reviews & scan the posts with a caution.

Live your life & make the best with your decision. You will make more money in the future, & you are still not happy, buy a new mobo & system.

But before you post again, please tell us what kind of CPU, that you are going to use, & what you need this system for?

Peace Out...........tile

It would be nice if everyone gave too much information about their system & problems.

mothman103182

Distinguished
May 13, 2002
Good point. AMD 2000+. Kick ass games. I should really be more detailed. Right now I am waitin for that damn tax return so I can buy all the crap that I want. So I have all this time think about what I am going to get. Thanks.

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey M,

Keep reading the info sites like:
http://www.8dimensional.com/
& this one, things may change & you may have even better choices ahead.

Peace Out.............tile

It would be nice if everyone gave too much information about their system & problems.

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
The way technology in computers is advancing, about an hour after buying your system, it will be obsolete. Ok, that's a bit of an exageration, but it has kinda happened to me. Bought an AMD AthlonXP 1500+ and an Asus A7V266-E and a few weeks later out comes the A7V333 board. Oh well, I'll hang onto my system for about a year then go out and buy the next latest and greatest CPU/mobo.

BTW, havn't had any complaints about Asus products or AMD chips....yet. So, my suggestion is just jump in with both feet and get a system that YOU think is great. Once you get it built and running, you'll feel better than the guy that went to Dell and bought a computer that was "made just for him."

GearJammer

qlm tera'ngan!
(Translated from Klingon: Attention Earther!)