printer not responding

I have a canon i560 printer that that only recently shows the message
"printer not responding" each time I try to print anything. I can't
understand what suddenly went wrong. Checked the port lpt1-fine. No printer
or printing device appears on device manager. When I open printers and fax in
control panel, this printer is checked as default printer. Tried uninstalling
and reinstalling printer driver several times-still no luck.
I would sappreciate it if you could help me solve this dilemma.

And when you connect via USB what happens?
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
www.coribright.com

"oret" <oret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a canon i560 printer that that only recently shows the message
> "printer not responding" each time I try to print anything. I can't
> understand what suddenly went wrong. Checked the port lpt1-fine. No
> printer
> or printing device appears on device manager. When I open printers and fax
> in
> control panel, this printer is checked as default printer. Tried
> uninstalling
> and reinstalling printer driver several times-still no luck.
> I would sappreciate it if you could help me solve this dilemma.

I have a simular problem... any ideas?
Windows XP Professional, on a local home office network. Other computer is a
Windows 98SE computer. Network connect is through a Net gear 4 port hub. I
have a Jet Direct 300 X (J3263A) that connects to a HP LaserJet II. I have a
second Jet Direct 170X (J3258A) that connects to an Epson Stylus Pro 700
printer. I have my local home office network set up and can print to either
printer from the Windows 98SE computer fine. From the XP computer, it shows
the printers but will never print, either a test page or any document. The
computer I replaces was also running Windows98 SE and never had a problem
printing to either computer. What is going on with this set up?

"oret" wrote:

> I have a canon i560 printer that that only recently shows the message
> "printer not responding" each time I try to print anything. I can't
> understand what suddenly went wrong. Checked the port lpt1-fine. No printer
> or printing device appears on device manager. When I open printers and fax in
> control panel, this printer is checked as default printer. Tried uninstalling
> and reinstalling printer driver several times-still no luck.
> I would sappreciate it if you could help me solve this dilemma.

Same problem here. Only difference is that my printer is a Multipass F80.
Worked fine, than couldn't communicate with computer any more. No browsing
capabilities either, are you having similar problems. (Internet explorer
bar, my computer and browsing on file searches have recently gone also).

"Old Texas Boy" wrote:

> I have a simular problem... any ideas?
> Windows XP Professional, on a local home office network. Other computer is a
> Windows 98SE computer. Network connect is through a Net gear 4 port hub. I
> have a Jet Direct 300 X (J3263A) that connects to a HP LaserJet II. I have a
> second Jet Direct 170X (J3258A) that connects to an Epson Stylus Pro 700
> printer. I have my local home office network set up and can print to either
> printer from the Windows 98SE computer fine. From the XP computer, it shows
> the printers but will never print, either a test page or any document. The
> computer I replaces was also running Windows98 SE and never had a problem
> printing to either computer. What is going on with this set up?
>

> "oret" wrote:
>
> > I have a canon i560 printer that that only recently shows the message
> > "printer not responding" each time I try to print anything. I can't
> > understand what suddenly went wrong. Checked the port lpt1-fine. No printer
> > or printing device appears on device manager. When I open printers and fax in
> > control panel, this printer is checked as default printer. Tried uninstalling
> > and reinstalling printer driver several times-still no luck.
> > I would sappreciate it if you could help me solve this dilemma.

Well, at least your worked at one time,,, On this XP pro box, the network
printers have never worked. Just for giggles, I hooked my old WIN98SE box
back onto the network, and the printers worked... ummm,,,

It HAS to be an XP problem.

What network services to you use for network?