Solved

Getting low fps in battlefield 3

i just upgraded my motherboard and processor and am still getting low fps(30-40) while playing on medium settings.
windows 7 home premium
a880gz motherboard
amd athlon 2 x3 450 processor 3200 mhz 3 cores
4gb ram
gtx 460 1gb

so whats wrong?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about getting battlefield
  1. Hi

Your graphics card is low end...thats whats wrong.... new card time...

All the best Brett :)
  2. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi

Your graphics card is low end...thats whats wrong.... new card time...

the gtx 460 is low end? i was under the impression that this card could run bf3 on high or ultra.
  3. Depends on your resolution. At 1920x1080 you are looking at 40-45 fps at high settings with that GPU.

Did you reinstall windows when you upgraded the CPU? If not, you should do that.
  4. catsup said:
    the gtx 460 is low end? i was under the impression that this card could run bf3 on high or ultra.

Hi :)

Its an £80 card... a GOOD card is £500 plus...

No way that card will play BF3 on Ultra.. sorry...

5. Best answer
    Battlefield 3 requires a quad core and at least a GTX 560.

The 460 has a graphics clock of 675Mhz the 560 does 810-950 according to the website.

Even having a 560 is not going to allow you to fully enjoy the game with everything on ultra and a 1920x1080 resolution.

The x3 450 is dated so even if you buy a new card, you still will experience poor fps.

Use this link to compare cards and cpus

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/CPU/2

You can find good deals over at http://www.newegg.com/

Happy building :)
  6. Yeah, my cousin has a GTX 460. He gets similar FPS to you, there isn't anything you can do aside from upgrading your video card. It was good a few years ago, but its now low end.
  7. so i should get both a new processor and graphics card? that sucks!! thanks for the answers anyway.
  8. Best answer selected by catsup.
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Battlefield Low FPS Processors Video Games