Error Message when Printing - Interface Not Registered

Recently my IE v 6 xpsp2 and Outlook 2003 has stopped printing. I have
WinXP SP 2. I get a runtime error message "Interface not Registered". The
printing works fine in Word, Excel, Project, and Mozilla Firefox. I have
tried asking this question in the IE and Outlook newsgroups.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
LF
2 answers Last reply
More about error message printing interface registered

    "lfevold" wrote:
    > Recently my IE v 6 xpsp2 and Outlook 2003 has stopped
    > printing. I have
    > WinXP SP 2. I get a runtime error message "Interface not
    > Registered". The
    > printing works fine in Word, Excel, Project, and Mozilla
    > Firefox. I have
    > tried asking this question in the IE and Outlook newsgroups.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > LF

    Hi, I’ve just had the print problem (with IE 5.50), and also "Open In
    a New Window" on links was creating a "hung" IE Window (but at
    least pressing Esc and F5 fixed it).

    However, all fixed now, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    and see the line
    Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    I did that and continued with the list below until I got to
    Actxprxy.dll, and printing then started to work. (And I didn’t "Quit
    all programs that are running", OR reboot (at all))

    Also note I had previously tried "Regsvr32.exe
    %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll " (from another thread somewhere), it
    had no obvious immediate effect, but who knows.

    This happened to me after I had unintalled a few progs (Inc Norton
    2001 AnitVirus) and installed ZoneAlarms, what did you do?

    Good luck.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Error-Message-ing-Interface-Registered-ftopict266520.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=857664

    Thanks. I had also previously tried to Register several dlls from other
    threads with no effect. This did the trick. I think it had to do with
    uninstalling our own developed product. or possibly JAVA.

    Thanks.
    lfevold

    "TempName" wrote:

    > "lfevold" wrote:
    > > Recently my IE v 6 xpsp2 and Outlook 2003 has stopped
    > > printing. I have
    > > WinXP SP 2. I get a runtime error message "Interface not
    > > Registered". The
    > > printing works fine in Word, Excel, Project, and Mozilla
    > > Firefox. I have
    > > tried asking this question in the IE and Outlook newsgroups.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > > LF
    >
    > Hi, I’ve just had the print problem (with IE 5.50), and also "Open In
    > a New Window" on links was creating a "hung" IE Window (but at
    > least pressing Esc and F5 fixed it).
    >
    > However, all fixed now, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
    > and see the line
    > Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
    > I did that and continued with the list below until I got to
    > Actxprxy.dll, and printing then started to work. (And I didn’t "Quit
    > all programs that are running", OR reboot (at all))
    >
    > Also note I had previously tried "Regsvr32.exe
    > %Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll " (from another thread somewhere), it
    > had no obvious immediate effect, but who knows.
    >
    > This happened to me after I had unintalled a few progs (Inc Norton
    > 2001 AnitVirus) and installed ZoneAlarms, what did you do?
    >
    > Good luck.

    > Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Error-Message-ing-Interface-Registered-ftopict266520.html
    > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=857664

Internet Explorer Error Message Windows XP