Error Message when Printing - Interface Not Registered

Recently my IE v 6 xpsp2 and Outlook 2003 has stopped printing. I have
WinXP SP 2. I get a runtime error message "Interface not Registered". The
printing works fine in Word, Excel, Project, and Mozilla Firefox. I have
tried asking this question in the IE and Outlook newsgroups.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
LF

"lfevold" wrote:
> Recently my IE v 6 xpsp2 and Outlook 2003 has stopped
> printing. I have
> WinXP SP 2. I get a runtime error message "Interface not
> Registered". The
> printing works fine in Word, Excel, Project, and Mozilla
> Firefox. I have
> tried asking this question in the IE and Outlook newsgroups.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
> LF

Hi, I’ve just had the print problem (with IE 5.50), and also "Open In
a New Window" on links was creating a "hung" IE Window (but at
least pressing Esc and F5 fixed it).

However, all fixed now, see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679
and see the line
Type regsvr32 urlmon.dll, and then click OK.
I did that and continued with the list below until I got to
Actxprxy.dll, and printing then started to work. (And I didn’t "Quit
all programs that are running", OR reboot (at all))

Also note I had previously tried "Regsvr32.exe
%Windir%\System32\Ole32.dll " (from another thread somewhere), it
had no obvious immediate effect, but who knows.

This happened to me after I had unintalled a few progs (Inc Norton
2001 AnitVirus) and installed ZoneAlarms, what did you do?

Good luck.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Error-Message-ing-Interface-Registered-ftopict266520.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=857664

Thanks. I had also previously tried to Register several dlls from other
threads with no effect. This did the trick. I think it had to do with
uninstalling our own developed product. or possibly JAVA.

Thanks.
lfevold