Windows Fax in XP - Wake up from Hibernation?

I am now uising the XP fax program. As antiquated as it is, it still
works. Anyhow, I checked the box off in device manager to allow deivce
to wake computer with my US Robotics v92 faxmodem.

Should this bring the computer ourt of hibernation on an incoming call?
Because it is not when I call my fax line from my desk? Can the
computer be woken out of hibernation? Any thoughts?

jordan
1 answer Last reply
More about windows wake hibernation

    Jordan Kovats wrote:
    > I am now uising the XP fax program. As antiquated as it is, it still
    > works. Anyhow, I checked the box off in device manager to allow
    > deivce to wake computer with my US Robotics v92 faxmodem.
    >
    > Should this bring the computer ourt of hibernation on an incoming
    > call? Because it is not when I call my fax line from my desk? Can
    > the computer be woken out of hibernation? Any thoughts?
    >
    > jordan

    Do you mean hibernation - or standby? Nothing works when the system is
    hibernating as it's off. Hibernation saves the contents of RAM to disk
    (hiberfil.sys file) before shutting down and switching the system off. The
    fax application cannot send a signal to alert the system to switch on -
    there may be a "wake on modem" setting in the BIOS, but this would only tell
    the computer to boot, it wouldn't run the fax applet to allow
    sending/receipt.
    on salads.

Fax Computers Hibernation Windows XP