Unable to communicate with printer.

February 17, 2005 8:39:03 PM

I recently went to a cable connection. I installed Norton internet security,
and also, SP2 was downloaded and installed. At first, everything seemingly
worked fine. Now the computer, (Dell), is unable to communicate with the
printer. (Canon Multipass F80). I have downloaded all Canon updates. Also,
my internet explorer address bar, my file browser and my computer option all
go to the hourglass and then just seem to freeze up. I have to use Cntr. +
Alt + Del. to move on. The internet works fine, but I have to search with
Google, or click on favorites to navigate, and then I am unable to print
anything.

Any suggestions. My computer has become almost useless.
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 11:54:57 PM

Sounds like a firewall issue... use the XP built in firewall and see if the
situation changes if you uninstall the Norton products.
--
Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
www.coribright.com

"no clue" <noclue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently went to a cable connection. I installed Norton internet
>security,
> and also, SP2 was downloaded and installed. At first, everything
> seemingly
> worked fine. Now the computer, (Dell), is unable to communicate with the
> printer. (Canon Multipass F80). I have downloaded all Canon updates.
> Also,
> my internet explorer address bar, my file browser and my computer option
> all
> go to the hourglass and then just seem to freeze up. I have to use Cntr.
> +
> Alt + Del. to move on. The internet works fine, but I have to search with
> Google, or click on favorites to navigate, and then I am unable to print
> anything.
>
> Any suggestions. My computer has become almost useless.

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 12:25:03 AM

Doesn't seem to make any difference. Still unable to communicate with
printer, and browser still freezes up. Any other suggestions?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Sounds like a firewall issue... use the XP built in firewall and see if the
> situation changes if you uninstall the Norton products.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
> www.coribright.com
>
> "no clue" <noclue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently went to a cable connection. I installed Norton internet
> >security,
> > and also, SP2 was downloaded and installed. At first, everything
> > seemingly
> > worked fine. Now the computer, (Dell), is unable to communicate with the
> > printer. (Canon Multipass F80). I have downloaded all Canon updates.
> > Also,
> > my internet explorer address bar, my file browser and my computer option
> > all
> > go to the hourglass and then just seem to freeze up. I have to use Cntr.
> > +
> > Alt + Del. to move on. The internet works fine, but I have to search with
> > Google, or click on favorites to navigate, and then I am unable to print
> > anything.
> >
> > Any suggestions. My computer has become almost useless.

February 18, 2005 3:49:42 PM

no clue wrote:
> Doesn't seem to make any difference. Still unable to communicate
with
> printer, and browser still freezes up. Any other suggestions?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a firewall issue... use the XP built in firewall and
see if the
> > situation changes if you uninstall the Norton products.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "no clue" <noclue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I recently went to a cable connection. I installed Norton
internet
> > >security,
> > > and also, SP2 was downloaded and installed. At first, everything

> > > seemingly
> > > worked fine. Now the computer, (Dell), is unable to communicate
with the
> > > printer. (Canon Multipass F80). I have downloaded all Canon
updates.
> > > Also,
> > > my internet explorer address bar, my file browser and my computer
option
> > > all
> > > go to the hourglass and then just seem to freeze up. I have to
use Cntr.
> > > +
> > > Alt + Del. to move on. The internet works fine, but I have to
search with
> > > Google, or click on favorites to navigate, and then I am unable
to print
> > > anything.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions. My computer has become almost useless.

Anonymous
February 18, 2005 3:51:24 PM

I would use system restore and restore to an earlier setting that
worked.
I would also make sure that all firewalls were disabled. Also, be sure
to check the printer cable connections
no clue wrote:
> Doesn't seem to make any difference. Still unable to communicate
with
> printer, and browser still freezes up. Any other suggestions?
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > Sounds like a firewall issue... use the XP built in firewall and
see if the
> > situation changes if you uninstall the Norton products.
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing & Imaging)
> > www.coribright.com
> >
> > "no clue" <noclue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I recently went to a cable connection. I installed Norton
internet
> > >security,
> > > and also, SP2 was downloaded and installed. At first, everything

> > > seemingly
> > > worked fine. Now the computer, (Dell), is unable to communicate
with the
> > > printer. (Canon Multipass F80). I have downloaded all Canon
updates.
> > > Also,
> > > my internet explorer address bar, my file browser and my computer
option
> > > all
> > > go to the hourglass and then just seem to freeze up. I have to
use Cntr.
> > > +
> > > Alt + Del. to move on. The internet works fine, but I have to
search with
> > > Google, or click on favorites to navigate, and then I am unable
to print
> > > anything.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions. My computer has become almost useless.

February 5, 2013 9:33:43 AM

Check that in your Firewall – Settings – Internet Connections for Programs – that Spooler SubSystem App is not BLOCKED. This was my problem
:bounce:
!