OCR Files & Install Disc

Can anyone help me to load OCR files from my Installation Disc which came
with pc .. I have been trying to scan a document into Word but pc keeps
telling me to load OCR files from installation disc and I have no idea how to
do this ... anyone out there assist ??

Your OCR program is found on the installation CD
that came with your scanner.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Nikkitababe" wrote:

| Can anyone help me to load OCR files from my Installation Disc which came
| with pc .. I have been trying to scan a document into Word but pc keeps
| telling me to load OCR files from installation disc and I have no idea how to
| do this ... anyone out there assist ??

Thanx for reply Carey but the message i'm getting when I try and scan to Word
from my printer software is :-....... The OCR software you need is on the
installation disc that came with your pc ... it doesn't mention the
printer/scanner software. I'll re-install the printer software and see if
that makes any difference.

"Nikkitababe" wrote:

> Can anyone help me to load OCR files from my Installation Disc which came
> with pc .. I have been trying to scan a document into Word but pc keeps
> telling me to load OCR files from installation disc and I have no idea how to
> do this ... anyone out there assist ??

bar

The language used in many user manuals has a lot to be desired.

This is not a disparaging comment to non English peoples. Generally it is
written by a foreigner [somewhere in Asia where most are designed], in their
own language and in most cases excellently written. However someone else has
the job to translate this to English, another into Spansih, another into
German and so on.

Sometimes, the technical writer's use of Grammer or Correct computer
terminology and then the combination of both is a sad compromise and the
English version is not as perfect as it could be.

Here is an example that I just 'copied' off a web page, to mee it's almost
unintelligble. There are words that make up very poorly constructed
sentences, but can a novice user really have a complete understanding of what
is being communicated in this text? Just what is one to do in order to fix a
problem?

"In order to prevent the system hang, the ver. 5.61 driver can check your
VGA in advance and then automatically set to preview mode. Furthermore, for
some VGA cards not supporting overlay mode, we allow users to select Overlay
or Preview mode in Configuration in driver 5.7 or above."

"Nikkitababe" wrote:

> Thanx for reply Carey but the message i'm getting when I try and scan to Word
> from my printer software is :-....... The OCR software you need is on the
> installation disc that came with your pc ... it doesn't mention the
> printer/scanner software. I'll re-install the printer software and see if
> that makes any difference.
>
> "Nikkitababe" wrote:
>
> > Can anyone help me to load OCR files from my Installation Disc which came
> > with pc .. I have been trying to scan a document into Word but pc keeps
> > telling me to load OCR files from installation disc and I have no idea how to
> > do this ... anyone out there assist ??

LOL Bar you sure are right there ... and thanx to you both for replying.
I've resolved the problem (well kinda) and am working on another problem
which i'll post soon

"BAR" wrote:

> The language used in many user manuals has a lot to be desired.
>
> This is not a disparaging comment to non English peoples. Generally it is
> written by a foreigner [somewhere in Asia where most are designed], in their
> own language and in most cases excellently written. However someone else has
> the job to translate this to English, another into Spansih, another into
> German and so on.
>
> Sometimes, the technical writer's use of Grammer or Correct computer
> terminology and then the combination of both is a sad compromise and the
> English version is not as perfect as it could be.
>
> Here is an example that I just 'copied' off a web page, to mee it's almost
> unintelligble. There are words that make up very poorly constructed
> sentences, but can a novice user really have a complete understanding of what
> is being communicated in this text? Just what is one to do in order to fix a
> problem?
>
> "In order to prevent the system hang, the ver. 5.61 driver can check your
> VGA in advance and then automatically set to preview mode. Furthermore, for
> some VGA cards not supporting overlay mode, we allow users to select Overlay
> or Preview mode in Configuration in driver 5.7 or above."
>

> "Nikkitababe" wrote:
>
> > Thanx for reply Carey but the message i'm getting when I try and scan to Word
> > from my printer software is :-....... The OCR software you need is on the
> > installation disc that came with your pc ... it doesn't mention the
> > printer/scanner software. I'll re-install the printer software and see if
> > that makes any difference.
> >
> > "Nikkitababe" wrote:
> >
> > > Can anyone help me to load OCR files from my Installation Disc which came
> > > with pc .. I have been trying to scan a document into Word but pc keeps
> > > telling me to load OCR files from installation disc and I have no idea how to
> > > do this ... anyone out there assist ??

TRENDING THREADS