Sheeeet..PC gaming rocks! It's good to be back!

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Been out of the PC gaming scene for about 8 years...Moved abroad, did some stuff, bought a PS3, had some good times and now...It's back to the old faithful! Got a kick arse rig, bought some great PC games that came out over the last few years...and now what?...Well. I'm enjoying catching up on it all and every time I flick that little indie 'Power-On' button of goodness and the fans start spinning!.. Well? It's game time! I still like my PS3. It has it's place. But the PC gaming experience is truly great. It's good to be back folks!

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

My specs should of posted before..oh well...nah i've not played BF3 yet..I'm not much of a multiplayer FPS geez...I haven't jumped that hurdle yet where I don't die all the f**king time on line!! ha!..I've loved FPS single player games for years but i haven't put in the effort yet to go online and get good at it and enjoy it....anyway my spec are;
i5-3570K @ 4.0GHz | 3GB AMD Radeon HD 7970 | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz | 240GB Corsair Force GT SSD |
1.5 TB WD| 1KW Silverstone Strider PSU | NZXT Vulcan | ASUS VH236H monitor | Logitech G110

Optimus_Toaster

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
EA weren't just voted the worst video game company, but the worst company in America.

I to recently became a primarily PC gamer and am absolutely loving it so far. I'll agree that atm BF3 is my favourite, but am also loving skyrim (especially trying out different mods) and some things from the indie scene (Realm of the Mad God, The binding of Isaac etc)

I still use my PS3 and various Nintendo devices for the games I have on them but now I have spent the big bucks on my first PC build and can upgrade slowly over the years, I doubt I will leave.

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
i hate EA even more now that Generals 2 is gonna be free to play, i was so stoked for that game and single player mode, EA is truly disgusting...i will still buy their games of course but they piss me off, they saw how great Steam's service was and then tried to capitalize on it, im glad theyre still failing at it

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
never EVER heard someone say they are in love with EA and Dice, get real kid, the game is great but origin sucks d

EA is probably one of the most hated companies over the past year...

Calling someone on an internet forum a "kid" because you disagree with them is pretty mature :sarcastic:

Jokes aside though, DICE put out a nice game and EA managed to publish it without getting in the way which is more than could be said for Activision and their similar title. Don't get too worked up when you read this post though. I wouldn't want it to probably like maybe you know be like probably one of the most hated posts of like, I don't know probably the last couple of years or something you know?

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011

Battlefield 3 hit detection is disgusting also, nothing like crouching behind something to be killed a second later by a bullet that seems to defy the laws of physics

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
^ well obviously it was an "immature" comment to begin with... cry me a river

You'll have to explain how someone's benign opinion about a video game company, on the video game forum no less, was immature. Bonus points if you can do this without sounding like the most specious throwaway poster on Tom's.

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

I kicked off with Crysis 2 and The Witcher 2...Now I'm playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl with the high textures mod and realistic gun mod. Top stuff. Bleak and creepy FPS! I'm also playing Amnesia The Dark Decent which is frickin' scary imo with the headphones on and the lights off! Also just finished Half Life 2 Episode 1... Next up might be Metro 2033 or Crysis Warhead or Alan Wake or Diablo 3...They're installed and ready to play :)

octoberhungry

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah I've got Just Cause 2 and Infamous 2 on my PS3 to play yet but I'm having too much fun on my PC for now. They'll keep though. Looking forward to 'The Last of Us' on the PS3. PC wise looking forward to XCOM, Hitman Absolution and Aliens Colonial Marines if they can pull it off. I really hope so!

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
Am i the only person that just cant get into crysis? i bought it a while back to test my pc, and i just am not interested in that game, theres not enought assault rifles and it just doesnt sound good, tho ive played crysis 2 on ps3 and really liked it, the sounds were fantastic and im rooting for crysis 3

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Crysis starts slow. Incredibly slow. If you play it all the way through though, I think you'll find the reasons why a lot of people do enjoy the game (aside from the graphics queens who swear it's still the most realistic thing they've ever seen, almost as real as really smearing vaseline over your eyes with all the mods they use). At the end of Crysis, I think almost everyone feels glad for having played it.

Stringjam

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011

Crysis 2 weapons sounds are leagues better than Crysis, but you have to remember how old Crysis is, and the weapons sounds for a 2007 game were above average, and the foley sound engineering for that game was WAY above average IMO.

Of all the mods that came out for Crysis, nobody ever developed a good weapons sound update......it certainly could benefit from Crysis2 weapon sounds.

johndud

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2011
hmm ok ill try to make the playthrough then, i just wish i could figure out how to have more than one mod installed at a time, when i use to run desura, it wouldnt let me have the weapon mod and enhanced AI at the same time so i just didnt play it, and i also couldnt find out how to do it without desura