Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Is my internet speed for World of Warcraft ok?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
August 25, 2012 8:20:44 AM

I'm planning to build a pc and wanted to play WOW but I'm in a problem.Is my internet fast enough for WOW I'm from the Philippines and I used speedtest and used a server for Los Angeles and this is what came out:

Ping 214MS
Download Speed 0.45mbps
Upload Speed: 0.25 mbps can I play WOW with this speed?

Best solution

a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 25, 2012 8:44:14 AM

It will be hard to play with other people in large groups, You may get disconnected a lot in 25 man raids. PvP is impossible with that ping. I guess you could do leveling alone easily though.
Share
August 25, 2012 12:57:19 PM

Sunius said:
It will be hard to play with other people in large groups, You may get disconnected a lot in 25 man raids. PvP is impossible with that ping. I guess you could do leveling alone easily though.

But can I party with only 3 to 5 members?And will I have trouble going to cities where many people are there?
m
0
l
Related resources
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 25, 2012 1:22:31 PM

Yes cities will most likely be very problematic. 3 - 5 man groups shouldn't be a problem. Why don't you download starter edition and check for yourself? It's free after all!

www.trywarcraft.com
m
0
l
August 26, 2012 7:38:47 AM

Sunius said:
Yes cities will most likely be very problematic. 3 - 5 man groups shouldn't be a problem. Why don't you download starter edition and check for yourself? It's free after all!

www.trywarcraft.com

If I wanna test my speeds for world of warcraft using speedtest,Will I choose the server in the US or here in the Philippines?
m
0
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 26, 2012 12:08:57 PM

No idea. I'd check using the game... Game automatically picks server for you which you will have least lag.
m
0
l
August 27, 2012 3:09:53 AM

Sunius said:
No idea. I'd check using the game... Game automatically picks server for you which you will have least lag.

If I have the US version of the game will I only play on US servers?
m
0
l
a b Ý World of Warcraft
August 27, 2012 9:38:45 AM

Yes.
m
0
l
August 27, 2012 10:39:08 AM

Best answer selected by aaliyahkyla10.
m
0
l
!