Lexmark P915 (unknown Device)

Jim

I have a new Dell dimension 3000. XP installed with NO service Packs. My
printer works fine. If I install SP2, the printer doesn't work anymore. In
the device manager, it displays as a unkown device. If there are any other
users out there that suffer from the same dilemia, do you have a resolution
to the problem I'm experiencing. I have a medion notebook which has XP Pro W/
SP2. I can plug in the printer and windows detects the printer, asks for the
driver disc and afterwards, the printers works flawlessly. The only way for
the printer to work with the desktop, is to remove SP2.

Jim

Juyst one more piece if info that may help. in the device manager, the
printer is there, But i get this error for one of the USB
***************************
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
If I install the file usbehci into the system32/drivers folder, the error
above disappears, but thewn the printer isn't recognized anymore.

jim wrote:
> I have a new Dell dimension 3000. XP installed with NO service
> Packs.

No you don't. The version of Windows shipping on new Dells includes SP1.

on salads.