EQ2: Thoughts on Splitpaw?

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

I'm wondering what everybody's opinion on the second adventure pack is?
So far, I am really enjoying it.

I've spent some time in there with my alt - right now he is a 28 conj.
The zone definately seems beatable at that level while solo, and it is
giving me a lot of practice using my pet to keep agro (until I start
AE'ing everything :)). Seems like a good place to learn your class.
I'm pretty sure I would be able to take it if I didn't keep getting
interrupted :p

I've only been in there once with my main (50 assassin). I wasn't able
to spend much time in there (only able the inactive transporter and one
group beyond). The groups with more than one caster are definately a
pain, but the interrupt helps a lot... it'd be a lot easier if it was
on a shorter than 10sec timer though ;)

The zone seems well done, I like the twisting caves and narrow
passages. There is a generous amount of loot, and so far my lowbie has
managed to get just over a gold from chests alone. I really like how
it scales to your level. I went into the Bloodlines zone for the first
time when it wasn't all gray and it surprised me how challenging it
really was. When I went in with my main, I just blitzed through it.
It is really cool to be able to clear it with both characters, even
with such a large level differential.

Has anybody else tried it out? Any other opinions on it?

scritchy wrote:
> I'm wondering what everybody's opinion on the second adventure pack
> is?
> So far, I am really enjoying it.
>
> I've spent some time in there with my alt - right now he is a 28
> conj.
> The zone definately seems beatable at that level while solo, and it
> is
> giving me a lot of practice using my pet to keep agro (until I start
> AE'ing everything :)). Seems like a good place to learn your class.
> I'm pretty sure I would be able to take it if I didn't keep getting
> interrupted :p
>
> I've only been in there once with my main (50 assassin). I wasn't
> able
> to spend much time in there (only able the inactive transporter and
> one
> group beyond). The groups with more than one caster are definately
> pain, but the interrupt helps a lot... it'd be a lot easier if it
> was
> on a shorter than 10sec timer though ;)
>
> The zone seems well done, I like the twisting caves and narrow
> passages. There is a generous amount of loot, and so far my lowbie
> has
> managed to get just over a gold from chests alone. I really like
> how
> it scales to your level. I went into the Bloodlines zone for the
> first
> time when it wasn't all gray and it surprised me how challenging it
> really was. When I went in with my main, I just blitzed through it.
> It is really cool to be able to clear it with both characters, even
> with such a large level differential.
>
> Has anybody else tried it out? Any other opinions on it?

I spend quite a bit of time there since it went live. The exp. gain in
there is awsome for a 28 Paladin. I am able to solo the entire zone (in
the kidnapped version that is). I have made several gold from the chest
that have dropped.

I also love the way the zone scales to your level. It would be nice if
their were more zones that did that.

Submitted by: Vidden
This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <Vidden.1qqa0m@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com>,
Vidden.1qqa0m@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com says...

> scritchy wrote:
> > I'm wondering what everybody's opinion on the second adventure pack
> > is?
> > So far, I am really enjoying it.
> >
> > I've spent some time in there with my alt - right now he is a 28
> > conj.
> > The zone definately seems beatable at that level while solo, and it
> > is
> > giving me a lot of practice using my pet to keep agro (until I start
> > AE'ing everything :)). Seems like a good place to learn your class.
> > I'm pretty sure I would be able to take it if I didn't keep getting
> > interrupted :p
> >
> > I've only been in there once with my main (50 assassin). I wasn't
> > able
> > to spend much time in there (only able the inactive transporter and
> > one
> > group beyond). The groups with more than one caster are definately
> > pain, but the interrupt helps a lot... it'd be a lot easier if it
> > was
> > on a shorter than 10sec timer though ;)
> >
> > The zone seems well done, I like the twisting caves and narrow
> > passages. There is a generous amount of loot, and so far my lowbie
> > has
> > managed to get just over a gold from chests alone. I really like
> > how
> > it scales to your level. I went into the Bloodlines zone for the
> > first
> > time when it wasn't all gray and it surprised me how challenging it
> > really was. When I went in with my main, I just blitzed through it.
> > It is really cool to be able to clear it with both characters, even
> > with such a large level differential.
> >
> > Has anybody else tried it out? Any other opinions on it?
>

> I spend quite a bit of time there since it went live. The exp. gain in
> there is awsome for a 28 Paladin. I am able to solo the entire zone (in
> the kidnapped version that is). I have made several gold from the chest
> that have dropped.
>
> I also love the way the zone scales to your level. It would be nice if
> their were more zones that did that.

Personally I think its a design flaw. I don't have an issue with zones
that have multiple personalities... e.g. a 12th level
instance/mission/task/expedition, and a 45th level instance. That's just
efficient use of level design coding effort, and allows players to enjoy
a zone and come back later to enjoy it in a new fresh way.

But there's something profoundly disatisfying about zones that scale to
my level.

For one thing its entirely like those racing games that scale your
opponents to your skill level. (e.g. NFS3) If you crash they all slow
down an wait for you to catch up. There is simply no sense of real
accomplishment or progress when fighting opponents that simply
perpetually scale up with you.

To really drive the point home... imagine if the whole game worked like
that: it would be EQUIVALENT to removing levelling from the game.

If mobs are always scaled to the same relative difficulty to you what
exactly is the point of gaining a "level"?

In EQ you start at level 1, and the newbie yard trash are an even fight,
with some wandering yellows and even reds that require at least a small
group to take down.. Would the game be more fun if at level 2 the newbie
yard trash are an even fight with some wandering yellows and even reds
that require at least a small group to take down... how about at level
40 when the newbie yard trash are an even fight with some wandering
yellows and even reds that require at least a small group to take
down...

That's progression :p

I do like the idea of a mid level zone to have an "event instanced"
version for high levels to com. e.g. Mistmoore is 20-40 zone, but you
can get a 70th level instanced version for the "Axis of Evil Meeting"
where security has been really beefed up and there are some visiting
named that drop loot unique to the instance.

A 2nd problem with zones that scale is that it undermines high level
exploration. Lets go do splitpaw at 50 might be high level but its long
since lost its sense of adventure. There are no new sights to see, no
falling for traps, pits, no secret doors, no figuring out how the zone
is laid out or where its deepest corners are etc... you found out about
all that at level 4.

As long as its only a few zones its bearable... but if much of the
highend game becomes retreads of what you did already people will burn
out MUCH faster.

Wolfie

"42" wrote

> To really drive the point home... imagine if the whole game worked like
> that: it would be EQUIVALENT to removing levelling from the game.

At some level the whole game does work like that. Fight a level 3
melee spider in a newbie garden. Fight a level 30 melee spider in
some other zone. Fight a level 63 melee spider in yet another zone.
What's the difference? Art, right?

> If mobs are always scaled to the same relative difficulty to you what
> exactly is the point of gaining a "level"?

What's the point now? You get to see new mob models and zone
graphics. Other than that, it's largely the same - right? And, for
quite a bit of the mobs, it's just coloring on the same ol' mob anyway.

> A 2nd problem with zones that scale is that it undermines high level
> exploration.

It's possible to level from 20 to 50 in Splitpaw. I'm not sure anyone
would actually do that -- it's horribly inefficient -- but it's possible.
So what? Personally I'd rather have the people who want to face
solo content without the danger of group adds or having to get
around group mobs "locked away" in a solo instance anyway...

Anyway, look at the reality of the situation: it's an adventure pack, a
minimal purchase. Because it scales, they don't need to worry about
limiting their potential sales. Everyone between level 20 and level 50
can buy it and enjoy the content, all at a fixed cost in their development
budget. The only difference is the level 20 fury-type mob for a level
20 becomes a level 50 fury-type mob for a level 50. Instead of a
rare T3 drop it's a rare T5 drop, or T5 armor instead of T3 armor.
Except for the art that goes with it, that's pretty much the only
difference between fighting a gnoll camp in TS at 20 and a lizardman
camp in Feerott at 35 anyway.

IMO it's a rather elegant solution for what is a minor piece of the
game -- I hope they do all the *adventure packs* that way.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <cIlse.136811$IO.59098@tornado.tampabay.rr.com>,
bgbdwolf@gte.net says...

> "42" wrote
>
> > To really drive the point home... imagine if the whole game worked like
> > that: it would be EQUIVALENT to removing levelling from the game.
>
> At some level the whole game does work like that. Fight a level 3
> melee spider in a newbie garden. Fight a level 30 melee spider in
> some other zone. Fight a level 63 melee spider in yet another zone.
> What's the difference? Art, right?

You may recall that one of the big complaints about OoW was that we were
in point of fact reduced to fighting rats and bats AGAIN. Art is
important. :)

Moreover, we want new arrangements of mobs, new pathing to figure out,
new static spawns, new groupings, and yes... even new zones.

And while fighting a 50th level rat in OoW is still fighting a rat, at
least its not a rat in the freeport newbie yard. In some sense you have
-progressed-.

> > If mobs are always scaled to the same relative difficulty to you what
> > exactly is the point of gaining a "level"?
>
> What's the point now?

The sense of progression, the sense of increased power, of
accomplishment. You go back to the freeport newbie yard and slaugter
rats with impunity...

That they aren't still even cons that are "a gamble" is crucial.

> You get to see new mob models and zone
> graphics. Other than that, it's largely the same - right? And, for
> quite a bit of the mobs, it's just coloring on the same ol' mob anyway.

True enough, but for most people, that starts making a difference. Which
is why there were complaints about the rats and bats in OoW.

> > A 2nd problem with zones that scale is that it undermines high level
> > exploration.
>
> It's possible to level from 20 to 50 in Splitpaw. I'm not sure anyone
> would actually do that -- it's horribly inefficient -- but it's possible.
> So what? Personally I'd rather have the people who want to face
> solo content without the danger of group adds or having to get
> around group mobs "locked away" in a solo instance anyway...

Lol. :)

> Anyway, look at the reality of the situation: it's an adventure pack, a
> minimal purchase. Because it scales, they don't need to worry about
> limiting their potential sales. Everyone between level 20 and level 50
> can buy it and enjoy the content, all at a fixed cost in their development
> budget. The only difference is the level 20 fury-type mob for a level
> 20 becomes a level 50 fury-type mob for a level 50. Instead of a
> rare T3 drop it's a rare T5 drop, or T5 armor instead of T3 armor.
> Except for the art that goes with it, that's pretty much the only
> difference between fighting a gnoll camp in TS at 20 and a lizardman
> camp in Feerott at 35 anyway.

Except you actually have to move from TS to Feerott and learn the
subtleties of feerott. Its not big deal, but you've progressed, you've
outgrown one and accepted the challenge of the next. It may not seem
'grandiose' but its surprising important. Players like defeating an
encounter and moving to the next... defeating the encounter, gaining a
level and defeating the same encounter that's scaled up one level higher
has ZERO appeal to practically anybody.

Advancement is important. Remember those old looping arcarde games, with
1 or if you were lucky 3 levels you just did over and over and over
again while you watched your score go up until you mistepped and died.
There is a reason those died out when technology allowed games to be
more complex.

Once you figure out splitpaw at 20, you can keep coming back until your
keyboard wears out, and you'll never feel like you've advanced, beyond
that its dropping level appropriate gear, which it is balanced around
the assumption you will be wearing it so its relative difficulty stays
the same. The number next to your character keeps going up, but
everything else stays the same and you might as well be playing one of
those old atari games.

> IMO it's a rather elegant solution for what is a minor piece of the
> game -- I hope they do all the *adventure packs* that way.

Sure. For a one month event adventure pack, yeah you want a single piece
of content that gets consumed by the entire playerbase all at once
regardless of level with minimal coding effort. The problem is that the
OP wants to see *more* of the game work like this when its ONLY remotely
appropriate for one-off 'adventures' like this.

As a long term fixture of the game they are the ultimate pointless
treadmill. They must remain a small part of the game, used very
sparingly. The odd adventure pack is just fine... but it should never be
applied to the game as a whole.

The point is scalable content is cool because anyone can play them
regardless of their level; that makes them ideally suited for "story arc
event" adventures. The problem is that they'll still be able to play
them and they'll be exactly the same relatively difficulty forever. The
solution is remove the forever. They should expire. The event should
end.

Obviously players might not be thrilled about shelling out for a
'temporary' zone... but then THAT is exactly the sort of content their
monthly subscription fees SHOULD be covering. If they want to sell 4
dollar micro expansions, create the zone and a dozen missions for it 6
at various level intervals so everyone can do somehting with it out of
the gate, and 6 at endgame so that high level players can get some fun
out of it.

Lee Watkins wrote:
> aahh....well i pre-ordered last nite...i better run to TS and see if i can
> find the place!

Yeah, I'm talking about the pre-order on a live server. There are two
ways to get into the zone (one zone, two names - "Delving into the
Darkness" and "Captive Audience"). The first is to run up to a
transporter, right click and use it. The second is to get into a fight
with the group of gnolls around the transporter and the 'abductor' will
kidnap you and throw you into the 'Captive Audience' zone. I know of
two transporters, on the north side of the north road in TS. One is
near the griffon fields area, but near the east mountain that lines
that area (I think that is where it is, only saw it once). The other
is just past Tower 2, next to the west mountains that box in that
undead starter area.

Getting the starting quest might require a zone or log before it is
added to your journal. I had that problem also.

"scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm wondering what everybody's opinion on the second adventure pack is?
> So far, I am really enjoying it.
>
> I've spent some time in there with my alt - right now he is a 28 conj.
> The zone definately seems beatable at that level while solo, and it is
> giving me a lot of practice using my pet to keep agro (until I start
> AE'ing everything :)). Seems like a good place to learn your class.
> I'm pretty sure I would be able to take it if I didn't keep getting
> interrupted :p
>
> I've only been in there once with my main (50 assassin). I wasn't able
> to spend much time in there (only able the inactive transporter and one
> group beyond). The groups with more than one caster are definately a
> pain, but the interrupt helps a lot... it'd be a lot easier if it was
> on a shorter than 10sec timer though ;)
>
> The zone seems well done, I like the twisting caves and narrow
> passages. There is a generous amount of loot, and so far my lowbie has
> managed to get just over a gold from chests alone. I really like how
> it scales to your level. I went into the Bloodlines zone for the first
> time when it wasn't all gray and it surprised me how challenging it
> really was. When I went in with my main, I just blitzed through it.
> It is really cool to be able to clear it with both characters, even
> with such a large level differential.
>
> Has anybody else tried it out? Any other opinions on it?

kind of off topic a bit, but still kinda related....

are you guys playing on a test server?
i thought the adventure pack wasnt live.
and if it is live, how do you zone into it?

lee

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

"Lee Watkins" <spamisforsandwiches-lwatkins@falcon.tamucc.edu> wrote
in message news:d8upb6$o9f$1@news.tamu.edu...

> are you guys playing on a test server?
> i thought the adventure pack wasnt live.
> and if it is live, how do you zone into it?
>
> lee

I think they are talking about the free zone you get with pre-ordering
it, unless of course they are on test and playing the full thing.

--
Leo

> Lee Watkins wrote:
>> aahh....well i pre-ordered last nite...i better run to TS and see if i
>> can
>> find the place!
>
> Yeah, I'm talking about the pre-order on a live server. There are two
> ways to get into the zone (one zone, two names - "Delving into the
> Darkness" and "Captive Audience"). The first is to run up to a
> transporter, right click and use it. The second is to get into a fight
> with the group of gnolls around the transporter and the 'abductor' will
> kidnap you and throw you into the 'Captive Audience' zone. I know of
> two transporters, on the north side of the north road in TS. One is
> near the griffon fields area, but near the east mountain that lines
> that area (I think that is where it is, only saw it once). The other
> is just past Tower 2, next to the west mountains that box in that
> undead starter area.
>
> Getting the starting quest might require a zone or log before it is
> added to your journal. I had that problem also.

thanks so much for the info!!
i saw one of those teleporters a few nights....didnt even make the
connection.

thanks
lee

Lee Watkins wrote:
> now if you just want to solo, or cant find a group, or just want to be on a
> few minutes, this zone is ALWAYS available to you. log in, run there, and
> bam, you got a whole zone to yourself that you can handle no matter what.

That is one of the key features I like, and didn't even think about it
until this morning. After waking up way too early, but not really
enough time to do anything else, I hit Delving before work. It was
great that it was just a short run to the teleporter and I could do
something productive while waiting until it was a more reasonable time
to wander into work.

I like the fact that it will be there to do that no matter what level
that character is.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

In article <1119020099.479435.110680@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
scritchy@gmail.com says...
> 42 wrote:
> > Sure. For a one month event adventure pack, yeah you want a single piece
> > of content that gets consumed by the entire playerbase all at once
> > regardless of level with minimal coding effort. The problem is that the
> > OP wants to see *more* of the game work like this when its ONLY remotely
> > appropriate for one-off 'adventures' like this.
>
> Just a note, not once did I say I wanted to see more of the scaling.

Right it was the post I responded to, Vidden. Sorry about the confusion.

> said it was really nice. I like having the area accessable to both my
> 50 and my 28, and it still be challenging for both.

You don't need scaling zones for that. Within reason many EQ1 zones are
like that.

In fact most dungeons from Unrest to SolA to LGuk to Befallen were
suitable for level ranges spanning 20-30 levels. And what's more as you
levelled up you could return to the dungeon and do a different piece of
it.

Its more fun like that imo. LDoNs are dull because they are exactly the
same as you level up. Lower Guk or Solusek B is fun, as you level up you
push deeper and deeper into new areas and new named. There's a reason to

You've seen splitpaw with your 28th level character, and done it all.
What's the incentive to go back later and do the same thing again once
the novelty of the 'new zone' has worn off. There's never going to be a
question of 'can I do this now?' or 'How deep can I go?' The answers are
always "of course you can! we scaled it to your capabilities", and "all
the way, we scaled it to your capabilities... just like every other time
you've ever been here".

"42" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> In article <1119020099.479435.110680@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> scritchy@gmail.com says...
>> 42 wrote:
>> > Sure. For a one month event adventure pack, yeah you want a single
>> > piece
>> > of content that gets consumed by the entire playerbase all at once
>> > regardless of level with minimal coding effort. The problem is that the
>> > OP wants to see *more* of the game work like this when its ONLY
>> > remotely
>> > appropriate for one-off 'adventures' like this.
>>
>> Just a note, not once did I say I wanted to see more of the scaling.
>
> Right it was the post I responded to, Vidden. Sorry about the confusion.

>> said it was really nice. I like having the area accessable to both my
>> 50 and my 28, and it still be challenging for both.
>
> You don't need scaling zones for that. Within reason many EQ1 zones are
> like that.
>
> In fact most dungeons from Unrest to SolA to LGuk to Befallen were
> suitable for level ranges spanning 20-30 levels. And what's more as you
> levelled up you could return to the dungeon and do a different piece of
> it.
>
> Its more fun like that imo. LDoNs are dull because they are exactly the
> same as you level up. Lower Guk or Solusek B is fun, as you level up you
> push deeper and deeper into new areas and new named. There's a reason to
>
> You've seen splitpaw with your 28th level character, and done it all.
> What's the incentive to go back later and do the same thing again once
> the novelty of the 'new zone' has worn off. There's never going to be a
> question of 'can I do this now?' or 'How deep can I go?' The answers are
> always "of course you can! we scaled it to your capabilities", and "all
> the way, we scaled it to your capabilities... just like every other time
> you've ever been here".

i can see the pros and cons.
yeah, the zone could quickly lose its excitability (for lack of a better
word)
going deeper into zone as you get more powerful is fun and pretty exciting.

now if you just want to solo, or cant find a group, or just want to be on a
few minutes, this zone is ALWAYS available to you. log in, run there, and
bam, you got a whole zone to yourself that you can handle no matter what.

of course, with the solo nerf across the game, thats not so big of a deal
anymore.

lee

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

> now if you just want to solo, or cant find a group, or just want to be on
> a few minutes, this zone is ALWAYS available to you. log in, run there,
> and bam, you got a whole zone to yourself that you can handle no matter
> what.
>
> of course, with the solo nerf across the game, thats not so big of a deal
> anymore.
>
> lee

Totally agree. I am a person that likes to group and hang out with friends
and guildies, but there are times when I log in with things already "in
progress" or at odd off hours where there just isn't a whole lot going on.
Zones like these are an option in such cases. I, like others, really don't
want to see this done to an extreme, if I wanted a mission-oriented mmorpg
I'd play MxO or CoH.

Lee Watkins wrote:
> "42" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

<snip>
> now if you just want to solo, or cant find a group, or just want to be on a
> few minutes, this zone is ALWAYS available to you. log in, run there, and
> bam, you got a whole zone to yourself that you can handle no matter what.
>
> of course, with the solo nerf across the game, thats not so big of a deal
> anymore.
>
> lee

what solo nerf?

42 wrote:

> Right it was the post I responded to, Vidden. Sorry about the
> confusion.

Wha?.... I didnt say that lol, watch who you are quoting there!

Submitted by: Vidden
This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

CT

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

Ok I need help.

Is the "abducted" version the solo one? If so, how do I get abducted? I
tried attacking the abducter gnoll and nothing happened. I also tried
hailing him. I clicked on the teleporter thing and it took me to an
instanced zone which doesn't appear to be solo because there are big groups
of gnolls here and there.

Thanks for the help!

In article <Vidden.1qtx9m@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com>,
Vidden.1qtx9m@erollisimarr-dot-com-forum.com says...

> 42 wrote:
> >

> > Right it was the post I responded to, Vidden. Sorry about the
> > confusion.
> >

> Wha?.... I didnt say that lol, watch who you are quoting there!

"I also love the way the zone scales to your level. It would be nice if
their were more zones that did that."

Your words.

To be clear I never claimed you wanted the entire game to be like that;
that was my extrapoloation. But you certainly did say you wanted more of
it.

42 wrote:
> [...]
> applied to the game as a whole.
>
> The point is scalable content is cool because anyone can play them
> regardless of their level; that makes them ideally suited for "story arc
> event" adventures. The problem is that they'll still be able to play
> them and they'll be exactly the same relatively difficulty forever. The
> solution is remove the forever. They should expire. The event should
> end.
>
> Obviously players might not be thrilled about shelling out for a
> 'temporary' zone... but then THAT is exactly the sort of content their
> monthly subscription fees SHOULD be covering. If they want to sell 4
> dollar micro expansions, create the zone and a dozen missions for it 6
> at various level intervals so everyone can do somehting with it out of
> the gate, and 6 at endgame so that high level players can get some fun

I'm a 26 paladin, and I like being a mighty force in the caves, a commanding presence in antonica, a soldier in
thundering steppes and a scared rabbit in nektulos. I also like the level adjusting dungeons. I think the game should
have both playstyles because a) the instanced dungeons do allow for instant gaming b) the normal areas offer a depth of
experience.

That said, I prefer outdoor zones where i can run if it goes bad. 8-]

The boxes are cute but i don't know how to explode the walls yet, i can't target them alas. I hope it becomes clearer later.

Ah well, back to grinding carbon inks!!

scritchy wrote:
> Lee Watkins wrote:
>
>>aahh....well i pre-ordered last nite...i better run to TS and see if i can
>>find the place!
>

> Yeah, I'm talking about the pre-order on a live server. There are two
> ways to get into the zone (one zone, two names - "Delving into the
> Darkness" and "Captive Audience"). The first is to run up to a
> transporter, right click and use it. The second is to get into a fight
> with the group of gnolls around the transporter and the 'abductor' will
> kidnap you and throw you into the 'Captive Audience' zone. I know of
> two transporters, on the north side of the north road in TS. One is
> near the griffon fields area, but near the east mountain that lines
> that area (I think that is where it is, only saw it once). The other
> is just past Tower 2, next to the west mountains that box in that
> undead starter area.
>
> Getting the starting quest might require a zone or log before it is
> added to your journal. I had that problem also.

I can get abducted but right clicking doesn't seem to do anything. I found 2 trasnporters along the north east rd in TS.
Do these work for "delving"?

Shadow <na@na.na> wrote in

> Lee Watkins wrote:
>> "42" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
> <snip>
>> now if you just want to solo, or cant find a group, or just want to
>> be on a few minutes, this zone is ALWAYS available to you. log in,
>> run there, and bam, you got a whole zone to yourself that you can
>> handle no matter what.
>>
>> of course, with the solo nerf across the game, thats not so big of a
>> deal anymore.
>>
> what solo nerf?

I was thinking the same. I assume he is talking about when they made
soling much much easier.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 34 Dwarven Mystic, 24 Sage, Treasure Hunter
Aviv, 15 Gnome Brawler, 30 Provisioner

"Shadow" <na@na.na> wrote in message
> Lee Watkins wrote:
>> "42" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
> <snip>
>> now if you just want to solo, or cant find a group, or just want to be on
>> a few minutes, this zone is ALWAYS available to you. log in, run there,
>> and bam, you got a whole zone to yourself that you can handle no matter
>> what.
>>
>> of course, with the solo nerf across the game, thats not so big of a deal
>> anymore.
>>
>> lee
> what solo nerf?

awhile back when a buttload of mobs went from needing a group to kill to
being able to solo them.

lee

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest,alt.games.everquest2 (More info?)

i had the exact opposite result.
i tried to click the transporter, nothing. i attacked the abductor, and
after 2 hits i was zoning in.

of course, i hadnt claimed or inspected the shard yet, and i cant seem to
get the quest to ever update...so im wondering if i found a bug.

lee

Lee Watkins wrote:
> i had the exact opposite result.
> i tried to click the transporter, nothing. i attacked the abductor, and
> after 2 hits i was zoning in.
>
> of course, i hadnt claimed or inspected the shard yet, and i cant seem to
> get the quest to ever update...so im wondering if i found a bug.
>
> lee

Actually, you did the same thing I did. The abduction zone does not do
what needs to be done to update the quest. I had to zone back out and
use the terraporter to get into the proper instance. THERE I was able
to clear the zone and get to the Fanatic at the bottom, get his key and
open the chest on the platform I had to move crates to climb upon to get to.

But then, no spoiler here...<grins>

--
Fingon Grancoeur, Paladin of Resolute on Lucan D'Lere

"ModernCelt" <sywscott@ptd.net> wrote in message
> Lee Watkins wrote:
>> i had the exact opposite result.
>> i tried to click the transporter, nothing. i attacked the abductor, and
>> after 2 hits i was zoning in.
>>
>> of course, i hadnt claimed or inspected the shard yet, and i cant seem to
>> get the quest to ever update...so im wondering if i found a bug.
>>
>> lee
>>

> Actually, you did the same thing I did. The abduction zone does not do
> what needs to be done to update the quest. I had to zone back out and use
> the terraporter to get into the proper instance. THERE I was able to
> clear the zone and get to the Fanatic at the bottom, get his key and open
> the chest on the platform I had to move crates to climb upon to get to.
>
> But then, no spoiler here...<grins>
>
> --
> Fingon Grancoeur, Paladin of Resolute on Lucan D'Lere

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i kept going back to the same one!!!!
and was REALLY fed up with it!

thanks for the info.

do you know, can you bring a group down with you? assuming of course all
players have the zone files?

lee