Quadro4 Go GL vs GeForce4 Go

G

I am interested in buying a new laptop and am trying to ascertain which is the better chipset for these requirements:

- graphics manipulation
- video playback/editing
- games playing
- office and productivity tools
- DVD playback

I'm finding it difficult to get meaningful comparisons between the Quadro4 Go GL and the Geforce4 Go. If I go with the Quadro4 will my gaming capability be significantly reduced?

All constructive feedback very gratefully received

G

I've tried that and there doesn't seem to be much info on the Quadro..hence the post on here.

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
the quadro is a professional open gl card, and will perform better in professional open gl programs, and probably 3D rendering if it supports it, as far as games are concerned the geforce 4 go will be better. im not sure what you mean by graphics manipulation, but if you mean Bryce or Maya or Lightwave or 3D Studio Max, or Cinema, photoshop, afterefects etc it wont make a difference, that is purely a function of the processor. by the way the best laptop processor is the 1.7ghz P4
(i think thats the fastest one right now), the reason the XP's dont stack up to the P4's in the laptop category is because of the chipset.

The first LAN party I went to was at a PETA convention. They booted me when I shot a crab in HL!