mick

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002

I too am having trouble with my printer & scanner after XP upgrade from 2000
pro. I think it may be a software conflict but I really am not sure how to
trouble-shoot that problem. I have re-booted and plug and play does not see
the printer after uninstalling. I recently install Intuit Quickbooks which
has an "internal printer" I assume that means a driver also, which shares
port with default printer. Also a cannon printer that uses USB connection.
Any Help would be great.

bar

And what was reported in the compatibility testing, prior to upgrade: or did
you just forget about doing it?

Try getting the correct drivers for XP for all printers.

"mick" wrote:

> I too am having trouble with my printer & scanner after XP upgrade from 2000
> pro. I think it may be a software conflict but I really am not sure how to
> trouble-shoot that problem. I have re-booted and plug and play does not see
> the printer after uninstalling. I recently install Intuit Quickbooks which
> has an "internal printer" I assume that means a driver also, which shares
> port with default printer. Also a cannon printer that uses USB connection.
> Any Help would be great.

Got this information from a co-worker who works with MFP devices.

Not sure, but the best way to upgrade with MFP's it to completely remove the
software and then re-install it after the upgrade. He should remove the HP
director software or whatever it's called and uninstall the driver package,
then reinstall. Should solve the problem.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> And what was reported in the compatibility testing, prior to upgrade: or
did
> you just forget about doing it?
>
> Try getting the correct drivers for XP for all printers.
>

> "mick" wrote:
>
> > I too am having trouble with my printer & scanner after XP upgrade from
2000
> > pro. I think it may be a software conflict but I really am not sure how
> > trouble-shoot that problem. I have re-booted and plug and play does not
see
> > the printer after uninstalling. I recently install Intuit Quickbooks
which
> > has an "internal printer" I assume that means a driver also, which
shares
> > port with default printer. Also a cannon printer that uses USB
connection.
> > Any Help would be great.

bill

Remove all HP software from your machine, re-boot, and let Windows install
the native PSC500 drivers. They are the only drivers that will work with
XP. HP has a long text on this on their website. Long story short: only
the native WinXP drivers will work for you. The key is to be sure you have
removed all parts of the former HP installation (including all registry
values). Again, HP has a tutorial for doing this, on their web site.

--
Bill

Another bewildered traveler, on the information superhighway!