How to install Microsoft Shared Fax Driver ?

Hi, everyone !
Fax Console said that i need to install Microsoft Shared Fax Driver.
But I can't find the INF file of the Driver. Who can tell how could I
install that driver ?
Thanks a lot !
:)

Explain what you are doing when you get this message.
Windows XP Fax has no shared fax driver.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Devin Han" <hanzhao@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, everyone !
> Fax Console said that i need to install Microsoft Shared Fax Driver.
> But I can't find the INF file of the Driver. Who can tell how could I
> install that driver ?
> Thanks a lot !
> :)

Hi there !
I entered the Fax Console. But it displayed that cannot visit the fax
printer at the bottom. Then I clicked menu to config the fax. There's a
wrong msg told me that cannot connect fax server. Then it said that
there's no Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on the computer, do you want to
install it right now.

Actually XP had recognize the modem to Generic SoftK56.
I use the fax software which contained in XP.

I had figure out the problem. I even don't know why. It worked out.
Thanks for your help. Thanks a lot ! :)

How did you install the fax Software?
Are you using an analog fax modem that is on the Windows XP HCL list?
--
> Hi there !
> I entered the Fax Console. But it displayed that cannot visit the fax
> printer at the bottom. Then I clicked menu to config the fax. There's a
> wrong msg told me that cannot connect fax server. Then it said that
> there's no Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on the computer, do you want to
> install it right now.

groupbui

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011

Hi there !
I entered the Fax Console. But it displayed that cannot visit the fax
printer at the bottom. Then I clicked menu to config the fax. There's a
wrong msg told me that cannot connect fax server. Then it said that
there's no Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on the computer, do you want to
install it right now.

RE :non:
move u mouse to START icon, then to Printers/Fax clicking RIGHT mouse button ---make sure the USE PRINTER ONLY is ON and not OFF ----
then Try again ---- to fax