peltier with volcano 7

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
I have an amd xp 1800 overclocked to 1.76 but I think it could go to 1.8ghz stable with just a bit more cooling, I have a volcano 7 with arctic silver 3 and am getting about 50 degrees C at 1.76, I am thinking about adding a peltier, the trouble is I dont know much about peltiers and am worried that something could go terribly wrong, what is the max voltage peltier I should get for this setup, also do I need a cold plate since I have a heatsink on it, and I always thought that a peltier generated electricity to be used, but I just visited a site that said it had to be plugged into a power supply, grr I wish i werent so ignorant about this but I am realy curious about this aspect of cooling, someone inform me, one last question, has anyone ever tried to put a peltier on a video card? I can only imagine how high I could over clock my already awesome geforce 3 with 128mb at 265mhz core and 205mhz ram! hmm maybe 300mhz core and 250mhz ram lookout geforce 4 you had better run!

Introducing Tapeworms! The new big thing for weight loss!

papasmurf

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2002
also, I modded the volcano 7 fan to take the damned temp probe out of the picture it now spins at a constant 50,000 rpm's and I am proud of my little champ.

Introducing Tapeworms! The new big thing for weight loss!