Error message with epson stylus colour 880

am running XP with Service pack 2. I have an epson stylus colour 880.When I
try to uninstall it,I get an error message that says''set up cannot allocate
working memory.Close all applications,exit windows an try again''.I have
tried the add/remove programmes feature,the uninstall feature in Start
Menu/Epson/Uninstall I used the Epson installation disc to re-install.Same
error message.I downloaded the latest driver from Epson home page.Still get
the same error message.Having said all this the printer works fine.I just
want to update the driver.
hope someone can help
--
thanks a bunch
--

Byte

Why do you want to uninstall it when you want to upgrade the drivers???
Download the new drivers and install them. That way if they don't work you
can "roll back" drivers.

"Perky" wrote:

> am running XP with Service pack 2. I have an epson stylus colour 880.When I
> try to uninstall it,I get an error message that says''set up cannot allocate
> working memory.Close all applications,exit windows an try again''.I have
> tried the add/remove programmes feature,the uninstall feature in Start
> Menu/Epson/Uninstall I used the Epson installation disc to re-install.Same
> error message.I downloaded the latest driver from Epson home page.Still get
> the same error message.Having said all this the printer works fine.I just
> want to update the driver.
> hope someone can help
> --
> thanks a bunch
> --
> thanks a bunch

byte
I downloaded the latest driver and I get the same message when I try to
install the said driver.I also have another problem with printing.When I type
a poem or verse of any kind,the first letter of each line are directly in
line vertically.On the print preview it shows all is ok.When I print them,All
the lines are all out of line and some have even 'wrapped' to the line
below.I thank you for taking the time to try to help