Epson Stylus 1500 Printer Driver in XP

February 22, 2005 2:41:02 PM

I have a Epson 1500 Printer that is connected to Dlink print server.
Everytime I try to connect to it with an xp box it tells me that the
wrong print driver is installed and I need to browse for the correct
one. I tried pointing it to some print drivers but it told me that all
of them contained no information about my printer. Any suggestions?
February 22, 2005 4:07:02 PM

Contact Epson tech support.

"smitty547@go.com" wrote:

> I have a Epson 1500 Printer that is connected to Dlink print server.
> Everytime I try to connect to it with an xp box it tells me that the
> wrong print driver is installed and I need to browse for the correct
> one. I tried pointing it to some print drivers but it told me that all
> of them contained no information about my printer. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:30:51 PM

Download the driver from the Epson website at www.epson.com

www.coribright.com

<smitty547@go.com> wrote in message
>I have a Epson 1500 Printer that is connected to Dlink print server.
> Everytime I try to connect to it with an xp box it tells me that the
> wrong print driver is installed and I need to browse for the correct
> one. I tried pointing it to some print drivers but it told me that all
> of them contained no information about my printer. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
February 22, 2005 4:42:29 PM

Since the Dlink print server device does not have a print driver loaded on
it, you are prompted to install the drivers. Verify that the location you
are pointing at for drivers has an oemsetup.inf or other .inf in the
directory. If you already downloaded the driver from Epson and the file
name ends in .exe, the file needs to be run so it will extract the actual
driver files.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team