compaq armada 3500 - how to go to BIOS

I have a compaq armada 3500.

I would like to go to the BIOS Settings. But clicking F10, Del or other
keys doesn't work.

Can someone help me?
Thanks.

hh

The answer to your question may be found in the Compaq FAQ, reposted to this
newsgroup weekly.
HH

"HH" wrote:
> The answer to your question may be found in the Compaq FAQ, reposted
> to this newsgroup weekly.

I read it but I didn't find the answer.

"Carmen Mendoza" <antworteimusenet354c@lycosi54.de> wrote in message
>I have a compaq armada 3500.
>
> I would like to go to the BIOS Settings. But clicking F10, Del or
> other keys doesn't work.
>
> Can someone help me?
> Thanks.

If you still have the original Compaq hard drive in your computer,
hit F10 while the rectangular cursor is flashing on the right side
of the screen. Make sure there is not a bootable floppy disk in the
drive. If you do not have the diagnostic partition on your hard
drive, you have to download the floppy drive BIOS Setup disk from
Hewlett-Packard. The link is in one of this groups messages.
Search for "BIOS" to find it.

--
Earl F. Parrish

luap

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005

Carmen Mendoza wrote:

> "HH" wrote:
>
>> The answer to your question may be found in the Compaq FAQ, reposted
>> to this newsgroup weekly.
>

> I read it but I didn't find the answer.

I read it too, and I found the answer - seems to be f10 or f2 or delete.
Paul

hh

Q) How do I enter the BIOS on my Presario?
A) Normally, on a majority of Compaq models BEFORE 2002, you hit F10 at the
Compaq logo (cursor to upper right corner) at bootup. On some newer models,
the key is F1. On the old 7100 Series Presarios with Phoenix BIOS , the
<Del> key is used. If none of the above works, it couild mean you have an
earlier model, 1996-early 1997 or earlier, that retains Setup info on a
small non-DOS partition at the front of the hard drive (this partition,
being non-DOS, does not show in Windows Explorer or File Manager), and this
partition is damaged or missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks
(DeskPros, Prolineas, Armadas/Elites, etc. of the time) also had this
partition. If this is the case, go here:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/

Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for Computer
Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you can
enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer Diagnostics
SoftPaq as well.

> "HH" wrote:
>> The answer to your question may be found in the Compaq FAQ, reposted to
>> this newsgroup weekly.
>
> I read it but I didn't find the answer.

I have the Armada 3500 Family 6266/T/4100/0/0/3

Yes, I have an earlier model that retains setup info on a small
non-dos partition.

F10 and so on like you said doesn't work here.

On the page

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/armada/us/locate/20_985.html

I found the system ROMPaq, is this the SoftPaq, there are also other
tools
on this side?

Sorry, I am Italian, I don't understand much English, just I don't want
damage the notebook. I made now a floppy but before I use it, I would
like to inform me about. Thanks

Carmen

luap

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2005

HH wrote:
> Q) How do I enter the BIOS on my Presario?
> A) Normally, on a majority of Compaq models BEFORE 2002, you hit F10 at the
> Compaq logo (cursor to upper right corner) at bootup. On some newer models,
> the key is F1. On the old 7100 Series Presarios with Phoenix BIOS , the
> <Del> key is used. If none of the above works, it couild mean you have an
> earlier model, 1996-early 1997 or earlier, that retains Setup info on a
> small non-DOS partition at the front of the hard drive (this partition,
> being non-DOS, does not show in Windows Explorer or File Manager), and this
> partition is damaged or missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks
> (DeskPros, Prolineas, Armadas/Elites, etc. of the time) also had this
> partition. If this is the case, go here:
>
> http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/
>
> Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for Computer
> Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you can
> enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer Diagnostics
> SoftPaq as well.

I downloaded this but the update was the same age as what I had. Also,
it didn't allow me to enter the BIOS. All other keys ahve also failed
f1, f2, f10, del etc.
Paul

I have an Armada laptop that is missing the bios diagnostics. I d/l
soft from compaq.com and tried to install the disks.

Keep getting message about *missing signature bytes and Microsoft CAB
format* ?

The first disk installs but cannot get the others to install. Any
help appreciated