compaq armada 3500 - how to go to BIOS

I have a compaq armada 3500.

I would like to go to the BIOS Settings. But clicking F10, Del or other
keys doesn't work.

Can someone help me?
Thanks.
8 answers Last reply
More about compaq armada 3500 bios

    The answer to your question may be found in the Compaq FAQ, reposted to this
    newsgroup weekly.
    HH

    "HH" wrote:
    > The answer to your question may be found in the Compaq FAQ, reposted
    > to this newsgroup weekly.

    I read it but I didn't find the answer.

    "Carmen Mendoza" <antworteimusenet354c@lycosi54.de> wrote in message
    >I have a compaq armada 3500.
    >
    > I would like to go to the BIOS Settings. But clicking F10, Del or
    > other keys doesn't work.
    >
    > Can someone help me?
    > Thanks.

    If you still have the original Compaq hard drive in your computer,
    hit F10 while the rectangular cursor is flashing on the right side
    of the screen. Make sure there is not a bootable floppy disk in the
    drive. If you do not have the diagnostic partition on your hard
    drive, you have to download the floppy drive BIOS Setup disk from
    Hewlett-Packard. The link is in one of this groups messages.
    Search for "BIOS" to find it.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

    Carmen Mendoza wrote:

    > "HH" wrote:
    >
    >> The answer to your question may be found in the Compaq FAQ, reposted
    >> to this newsgroup weekly.
    >

    > I read it but I didn't find the answer.

    I read it too, and I found the answer - seems to be f10 or f2 or delete.
    Paul

    Q) How do I enter the BIOS on my Presario?
    A) Normally, on a majority of Compaq models BEFORE 2002, you hit F10 at the
    Compaq logo (cursor to upper right corner) at bootup. On some newer models,
    the key is F1. On the old 7100 Series Presarios with Phoenix BIOS , the
    <Del> key is used. If none of the above works, it couild mean you have an
    earlier model, 1996-early 1997 or earlier, that retains Setup info on a
    small non-DOS partition at the front of the hard drive (this partition,
    being non-DOS, does not show in Windows Explorer or File Manager), and this
    partition is damaged or missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks
    (DeskPros, Prolineas, Armadas/Elites, etc. of the time) also had this
    partition. If this is the case, go here:

    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/

    Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for Computer
    Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you can
    enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer Diagnostics
    SoftPaq as well.

    > "HH" wrote:
    >> The answer to your question may be found in the Compaq FAQ, reposted to
    >> this newsgroup weekly.
    >
    > I read it but I didn't find the answer.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    I have the Armada 3500 Family 6266/T/4100/0/0/3

    Yes, I have an earlier model that retains setup info on a small
    non-dos partition.

    F10 and so on like you said doesn't work here.

    On the page

    http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/armada/us/locate/20_985.html

    I found the system ROMPaq, is this the SoftPaq, there are also other
    tools
    on this side?

    Sorry, I am Italian, I don't understand much English, just I don't want
    damage the notebook. I made now a floppy but before I use it, I would
    like to inform me about. Thanks

    Carmen
  7. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    HH wrote:
    > Q) How do I enter the BIOS on my Presario?
    > A) Normally, on a majority of Compaq models BEFORE 2002, you hit F10 at the
    > Compaq logo (cursor to upper right corner) at bootup. On some newer models,
    > the key is F1. On the old 7100 Series Presarios with Phoenix BIOS , the
    > <Del> key is used. If none of the above works, it couild mean you have an
    > earlier model, 1996-early 1997 or earlier, that retains Setup info on a
    > small non-DOS partition at the front of the hard drive (this partition,
    > being non-DOS, does not show in Windows Explorer or File Manager), and this
    > partition is damaged or missing. Most Commercial desktops/notebooks
    > (DeskPros, Prolineas, Armadas/Elites, etc. of the time) also had this
    > partition. If this is the case, go here:
    >
    > http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/
    >
    > Select your model desktop or notebook and download the Softpaq for Computer
    > Setup. Run this SoftPaq and it will create a boot floppy from which you can
    > enter the BIOS. You might want to download the Personal Computer Diagnostics
    > SoftPaq as well.

    I downloaded this but the update was the same age as what I had. Also,
    it didn't allow me to enter the BIOS. All other keys ahve also failed
    f1, f2, f10, del etc.
    Paul
  8. Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?)

    I have an Armada laptop that is missing the bios diagnostics. I d/l
    soft from compaq.com and tried to install the disks.

    Keep getting message about *missing signature bytes and Microsoft CAB
    format* ?

    The first disk installs but cannot get the others to install. Any
    help appreciated

Compaq BIOS Computers