Cannot print to HP 6110

I loaded XP service pack 2 over the weekend and ever since I cannot print to
my printer. I am using a HP 6110xi. The documents will spool, and then they
will either delete or error out. I have tried deleting and then reinstalling
the printer with no luck. I went to the HP website and it confirmed I have
the latest drivers.

I also switched to DSL from standard dial up connection over the weekend
just prior to downloading the service pack.

How is your DSL modem connected to the PC.... USB modem?
www.coribright.com

"loliver100" <loliver100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I loaded XP service pack 2 over the weekend and ever since I cannot print
> my printer. I am using a HP 6110xi. The documents will spool, and then
> they
> will either delete or error out. I have tried deleting and then
> reinstalling
> the printer with no luck. I went to the HP website and it confirmed I
> have
> the latest drivers.
>
> I also switched to DSL from standard dial up connection over the weekend
> just prior to downloading the service pack.

USB modem.

I reset my computer to just after I downloaded the service pack 2 and now I
can print from the administrator user account, but I still cannot print from
any of the other user accounts on the computer.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> How is your DSL modem connected to the PC.... USB modem?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com
>
> "loliver100" <loliver100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I loaded XP service pack 2 over the weekend and ever since I cannot print
> > my printer. I am using a HP 6110xi. The documents will spool, and then
> > they
> > will either delete or error out. I have tried deleting and then
> > reinstalling
> > the printer with no luck. I went to the HP website and it confirmed I
> > have
> > the latest drivers.
> >
> > I also switched to DSL from standard dial up connection over the weekend
> > just prior to downloading the service pack.

If you can now print from the Administrator account but not the others, it's
probable you're running XP Home with a Symantec Antivirus product installed.

Go to the Control Panel, click on Printers & Faxes.... then right click on
the Printer and select Properties. In the Advanced tab, set it to Print
Directly to Printer instead of the default which is to use the Print
Spooler. Limited Users should now be able to print.

> USB modem.
>
> I reset my computer to just after I downloaded the service pack 2 and now
> can print from the administrator user account, but I still cannot print
> from
> any of the other user accounts on the computer.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> How is your DSL modem connected to the PC.... USB modem?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Windows Client - Printing & Imaging
>> www.coribright.com
>>
>> "loliver100" <loliver100@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I loaded XP service pack 2 over the weekend and ever since I cannot
>> >print
>> > my printer. I am using a HP 6110xi. The documents will spool, and
>> > then
>> > they
>> > will either delete or error out. I have tried deleting and then
>> > reinstalling
>> > the printer with no luck. I went to the HP website and it confirmed I
>> > have
>> > the latest drivers.
>> >
>> > I also switched to DSL from standard dial up connection over the
>> > weekend
>> > just prior to downloading the service pack.

Is there anything I can do to restore the spooling feature? My computer came
pre-loaded with Norton Anti-virus and I have not updated it in over a year.
I did not have this problem prior to the Service pack 2 install.