volcano 6 x avc 112bj0-1

cordis

Distinguished
May 22, 2002
Hi,
i am buying a xp 2000 use with a soyo dragon plus mobo and would like to know which of those 2 AMD certified coolers are better? here in brasil the volcano 6 costs U$25 and the AVC 112bj0-1 only US$ 12, does it makes any difference? I can´t find a review of the AVC cooler. Here in Brazil there are few brands that i can choose i found also the coolermaster DP5-7H53F US$ 20
I am not going to do overclock.
Any suggestion would be appreciated
thanks in advance

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
You must be looking at AMD's website for guidance.

The Thermaltake Volcano 6 is not a great choice for an AXP 2000+. There are better soulutions. Even their Volcano 7+ is a better heatsink. I mean you are talking the difference of upper 20's for C/W for the V7+ vs mid 50's for the V6.

That <A HREF="http://www.avc.com.tw/products/oem/index.html#" target="_new">Asia Vital Components heatsink</A> doesn't look good either. I have never used it but with a 60mm fan on it I doubt that the climate of Brazil would look too kindly on it.

The last one, the <A HREF="http://www.coolermaster.com/products/cpucooler/fcpga/dp5-6h51.html" target="_new">DP5-7H53F from Coolermaster</A>, also dosen't impress me. They too have much better solutions.

So tell me where you are looking to buy it from or where on the net are you looking and I'll search for a better solution. Also, what is your budgetary limit? I.E. $50 USD?

<b>"Sometimes you can't hear me because I'm talking in parenthesis" - Steven Wright</b> :lol:

cordis

Distinguished
May 22, 2002
what about the volcano 7 (US$36)is it very noisy? is it good for the xp 2000? i am not going to overclock
The volcano 7+ (US$76) is far too expensive to me.
unfortunatelly i am buying in Brazil i dont have international card :(
The are few brands i can choose, i have never seen a Fanner Tech, or Taisol or an agilent one.
By the way what does it means "upper 20's for C/W" and "mid 50's"
thanks

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
What are the temperatures down where you are?

I would say go with the Volacano 7 of hand but respond to this questio first. It should be fine for you.

<b>"Sometimes you can't hear me because I'm talking in parenthesis" - Steven Wright</b> :lol:

cordis

Distinguished
May 22, 2002
well, on summer about 37/38ºC but on hot days reaches about 42ºCelsius. i have been in Miami, orlando and Fort lauderdale about 3 times, and i think out there on summer the temperature is about the same, isnt it? but in Rio de Janeiro, where i live i think is not so cold as in USA in winter, we could say we have only summer (very hot 38 to 42ºC and "not summer", Here in Rio de Janeiro 15ºC is too cold (its very difficult to happen) i also have a house at the mountain, Petropolis, that is much colder, winter is easy to reach 4 or 5ºC (but no snow at all) but my PC stays on Rio de Janeiro. i talked a lot im sorry