terry

I'm using XP and I just installed a DSL modem on my computer now I can't send
any faxes, can someone help me to setup the Fax utility using the DSL
Thanks Terry

Sending a fax when you have DSL requires one of two methods:

1. You obtain a DSL line filter suitable for connecting a standard voice
telephone to the DSL line, then connect your analog fax modem to the line
through the line filter; you cannot use your DSL "modem" because it isn't a
modem, its a Network Interface Device. Your DSL provider has these filters,
as does your local Radio Shack store:

http://www.radioshack.com/category.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&category%5Fname=CTLG%5F004%5F004%5F002%5F000&Page=1&find=dsl%20filter(keyword)

2. You hire an Internet E-faxing service:

http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm#internetfax
Personal Fax Services - Internet Fax
http://www.savetz.com/fax/
FAQ: How can I send a fax from the Internet?

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com