Sign in with
Your question

Radiator Placement

Last response: in Overclocking
May 23, 2002 3:37:11 PM

Hey. I recently bought the innovatek cooling kit and i wanted to set it up in my comp.. problem is is i don't know where to put it. I have a space above the power supply but the opening is for a 92mm fan. I can use a cutting tool to create a 120mm hole, but its going to take time and a big hunk out of my case which i'd rather not do. Also, there is space at the bottom of the case but it is an 80mm hole.
I can also just place the fan back away from the fan opening but i'm afraid that it will take the hot air along with the cool air. Any ideas?

Also, what order should the cooling system pump (i.e. pump to water block to radiator, or should it be radiator before the water block)?

Time is the best teacher... unfortunatly, it kills all of its students.

More about : radiator placement

May 25, 2002 12:21:43 AM

i think i would put it outside the computer case myself.

how do you shoot the devil in the back? what happens if you miss? -verbal
May 25, 2002 4:49:15 PM

Your best bet it outside the case. Go to a hardware store and get some angle iron, or aluminum. These can be painted to match your case color(or whatever your preference is). It'll allow easier maintainance and better cooling since ambient temps are always a little cooler oustide the case. This will allow proper placement, plus look kind of cool(no pun) and not require you to drill more than a few holes instead of having to hack up a case.

:cool: Save heating costs on your home, overclock your PC!!! :cool:
Related resources
May 26, 2002 4:47:14 PM

Place the radiator after the pump but before the water-block, then from the waterblock back to the reservoir. The idea is to use the reservoir as an additional cooling source BEFORE flow to the radiator. The lower in or out of the case the reservoir and radiator can be mounted...the cooler it will be.

I want to die like my Grandfather...in my sleep...not screaming in terror like his passengers.
May 27, 2002 2:42:38 PM

Quote:
Place the radiator after the pump but before the water-block, then from the waterblock back to the reservoir. The idea is to use the reservoir as an additional cooling source BEFORE flow to the radiator. The lower in or out of the case the reservoir and radiator can be mounted...the cooler it will be.

Sounds good to me, I'd also be tempted to move the rad and res as far away as poss, thats what <A HREF="http://www.calvsplace.cwc.net" target="_new">I did</A> my sys runs fine without a fan, thanks to the large volume of water, I'd put it outside the case if at all possible, my case, though the cpu is watercooled, does get pretty warm after a time.

If they squeeze olives to get olive oil, how do they get baby oil?
!