Dee

could someone please tel me how to turn off the colour option on my printer,
i have tried to print and it keeps coming up that i need to change cartiage,
but the black is full.only need to use the black cartiage.

Byte

Does not make any difference. The default settings within the printer is
that it will not print unless both the color and black cartridges are
inserted.
Just because your print job is in black only, the color is still required
for the
printer to activate. Some printers will print with a black only cartridge,
but
looks like yours does not.

"dee" wrote:

> could someone please tel me how to turn off the colour option on my printer,
> i have tried to print and it keeps coming up that i need to change cartiage,
> but the black is full.only need to use the black cartiage.

Since black print uses magenta to make it look 'blacker' you'll need to get
a new color cartridge. Sorry, but that's the way inkjets are designed.

If you need the capability of printing lots of black only documents, I
suggest a laser printer. Since they use toner, there is no ink to clog, and
toner lasts for a LONG time. You can happily run more than one printer on
each PC.
www.coribright.com

dee Wrote:
> could someone please tel me how to turn off the colour option on my
> printer,
> i have tried to print and it keeps coming up that i need to change
> cartiage,
> but the black is full.only need to use the black cartiage.

I hate to tell you this but i had the same problem and i found out from
epson that if one cartiage is empty you can not print till you get new
one. bummer

--
david44906

Dee

thanks for your help.

"david44906" wrote:

> dee Wrote:
> > could someone please tel me how to turn off the colour option on my
> > printer,
> > i have tried to print and it keeps coming up that i need to change
> > cartiage,
> > but the black is full.only need to use the black cartiage.
>
> I hate to tell you this but i had the same problem and i found out from
> epson that if one cartiage is empty you can not print till you get new
> one. bummer
>

> --
> david44906

Dee