David

I upgraded from Windows 98 to Windows XP, and have been in h@ll since then. I
have tried to use thier free outsourced support, but so far have spent dozens
of hours on long distance calls, mostly listening to muzak. My Windows 98
worked fine with my HP Deskjet series 5500 printer. At the upgrade it of
course no longer was able to recognize my printer, the driver being the one
for the old system. Eventually after hours being on hold, i was able to get a
techie from india, who downloaded the new driver, but the upgrade won't
recognize the printer. we tried turning all possible variations on and off,
but eventually we reistalled the windows upgrade in a different area (booting
from the CD). Well now this version of the upgrade works, but of course it
does not work with my files or programs, that are connected to the upgrade
that does not work. The techie seems to think he has helped me, but i beg to
differ. I should not have to choose between a printer and all my files and
programs.

Software & Driver downloads - HP Deskjet 5550 Color Inkjet Printer
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?dlc=en&lc=en&product=71896&lang=en&cc=us&os=228

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP