Random Fps drop in game

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I bought a MSI Ge620dx around christmas. Around 2 months ago my Motherboard stoped working so i sendt it in for repair, and got it back without any problems. But recently I have gotten random Fps drops when playing games (Guild wars 2, Skyrim, Fallout: NV). The Fps drops from 40-50 to 5-15! :fou:

What i have tried:
Cleaning laptop Gpu and Cpu.(I dont think this is the problem becuse the lag is still there when my Gpu is at 60c and Cpu is at 70c)
Disableing Anti Virus. (Did not do anything)
Disableing unwantet Processes. (I got 6 Gb of ram, Is that bad?)
Updatet drivers. (Helped on getting more Fps but the problem is still there.)

Pc Specs:
Intel Core i5 Processor 2430M 2.4GHz 3MB L3 Cache
Chipset Intel HM65
2GB DDR3 Memory
640GB SATA hard disk
NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M Graphics Optimus
Screen 15.6 "1920x1080x
Interconnection 802.11bgn wifi and Bluetooth 3.0
USB 2.0 ports, USB 3.0, HDMI, D-Sub, Audio In / out, Ethernet
Webcam
Card reader
Optical Drive DVDRW
4400mAh Battery
Size (mm) 383 x 249.5 x 37.6 ~ 32.3
Weight (kg) 2628

Hope you can help, I realy want to play some guild wars 2 :D

yep the 635 is a little on the weak side for that rez. try droping it to 1440/900 or better still 1280/720 you will likely get quite a bump.
reducing it to 1280/720 will give minimima gfx loss in quality but will free up quite a bit of gpu resources.

G

I play for 2 minutes in 50-60 fps then it just randomly drops to 2-15 for 10 sec, so the problem is still there. And random drops jst recently apeared (2 weeks ago). Before that i could run games great in full rez.
My gpu runs the game great but its the radom fps drop thats the problem.
Ty for quick response :D

G

I cant think of anything that i havent already uninstaled. But could it be that my Cpu is overheating? Its around 75-83c and my Gpu is at around 75-86c. I got the latest Beta drivers for Nividia, and my afterburner is not overclocking. Noting happend 2 weeks ago except that i installed a bunch of Steam games. The drops are getting bader and bader as time goes now :/

mikes1992

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
I'm thinking, maybe it's having loading problems? try de-fragmenting your hard drive. I've experienced bad frame drops in the past when the games starts loading new textures and a badly fragmented HDD could cause this and you say it's getting worse, fragmentation gets worse over time.

hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.