How printing COM1 in DOS

Hi

I have a software in DOS runing on WinXp Pro SP 2 I need to print in COM1
Port.

I have this code in Bat file:

@ECHO OFF
CLS
MODE COM1:9600,N,8,1,p
SET PRINTER=COM1
MODE LPT2=COM1
PRG.EXE
CLS

The problem this while themselves this printing the reports these delay
approximately 2 minutes in beginning to be printed

Thaks
Eduardo Z.
3 answers Last reply
More about printing com1

    Eduardo E. Zambrano Q.,

    > The problem this while themselves this printing the reports these delay
    > approximately 2 minutes in beginning to be printed

    it could be related with the LPT timeout problem when printing from DOS on a
    XP system.
    Does the print job start immediately if you exit the DOS app.?

    Kind regards,
    Davide Guolo
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

    Hi

    It passes that and in ocaciones prints immediately and then carries out the
    pause. in the two cases if the exit DOS app continuous the impression

    "Davide Guolo" <guolo.NOSPAM.davide@libero.it> escribió en el mensaje
    > Eduardo E. Zambrano Q.,
    >
    >> The problem this while themselves this printing the reports these delay
    >> approximately 2 minutes in beginning to be printed
    >
    > it could be related with the LPT timeout problem when printing from DOS on
    > XP system.
    > Does the print job start immediately if you exit the DOS app.?
    >
    > Kind regards,
    > Davide Guolo
    > Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    > http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    > Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    > http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

    Eduardo,

    > It passes that and in ocaciones prints immediately and then carries out
    the
    > pause. in the two cases if the exit DOS app continuous the impression

    If exiting the DOS app. your print jobs starts immediately, then the app. is
    not closing the printer port at the end of the job, so it's not spooled
    until Windows reaches the timeout value (or the app is closed).

    The best solutions could be to fix the DOS app., but if you cannot, then try
    the following:

    Go to SYSTEM.INI file
    in [386enh] section search [Network]
    if it does not exist enter the following :

    [Network]
    PrintBufTime=10
    [IFSMGR]
    PrintBufTime=10

    This should set the timeout to 10 seconds.

    There is also a solution I found on the net, changing the Windows Registry.
    Please note that I HAVEN'T TESTED IT and take care using RegEdit: it could
    be rather dangerous.

    in REGEDIT ( START->RUN-> REGEDIT )
    click : Hkey_local_machine
    then click : System
    then click : CurrentControlSet
    then click : Control
    somewhere at the bottom of the control list Click: WOW
    Here you should find the LPT_timeout property

    You may also want to have a look at Printfil, which can enable your DOS app.
    printing to any Windows printer, including USB, GDI (Windows-only) and
    Virtual (like Faxmodems and PDF writers/e-mailers) with many extras, like
    print preview, font selection, BMP background merging and so on.
    You can find more info and a free trial to download from our web site.

    Regards,
    Davide
    Printfil - Windows Printing System for Applications
    http://www.guolo.com/printfil
    Odbc4All - Connection to ODBC Data Sources for any Application
    http://www.guolo.com/odbc4all

DOS Microsoft Software Windows XP