Networked printer inaccessible when logged as power user

February 28, 2005 4:07:03 PM

Under XP Pro with the latest updates, I am unable to print to a shared
printer that is logged into the network as a power user. I have admin access
and will have to log on using that ID versus the power user ID in order to
print. The printer is set to direct print (no spooling). I am running Norton
AV Corporate ed., but this does not seem to interfere when logged on as the
Admin.
Anonymous
February 28, 2005 11:32:08 PM

See:
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"frustrated XP user" <frustrated XP user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A077B84E-19C3-41F5-A5C6-0992BAABFFB2@microsoft.com...
> Under XP Pro with the latest updates, I am unable to print to a shared
> printer that is logged into the network as a power user. I have admin
> access
> and will have to log on using that ID versus the power user ID in order to
> print. The printer is set to direct print (no spooling). I am running
> Norton
> AV Corporate ed., but this does not seem to interfere when logged on as
> the
> Admin.

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 9:49:06 AM

This did not work. I'm not sure that I clearly explained the issue. The
computer and printer serving as "printer server" is usually logged into the
network as a POWER USER. I have ADMIN access and under that logon set up the
printer to share and then log it back onto the network as the Power User.
From my own computer, I am still not able to print in this setup. Where is
the solution? Thanks

!