Networked printer inaccessible when logged as power user

Under XP Pro with the latest updates, I am unable to print to a shared
printer that is logged into the network as a power user. I have admin access
and will have to log on using that ID versus the power user ID in order to
print. The printer is set to direct print (no spooling). I am running Norton
AV Corporate ed., but this does not seem to interfere when logged on as the
Admin.
2 answers Last reply
More about networked printer inaccessible logged power user

    See:
    Cari (MS-MVP)
    Printing & Imaging

    "frustrated XP user" <frustrated XP user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:A077B84E-19C3-41F5-A5C6-0992BAABFFB2@microsoft.com...
    > Under XP Pro with the latest updates, I am unable to print to a shared
    > printer that is logged into the network as a power user. I have admin
    > access
    > and will have to log on using that ID versus the power user ID in order to
    > print. The printer is set to direct print (no spooling). I am running
    > Norton
    > AV Corporate ed., but this does not seem to interfere when logged on as
    > the
    > Admin.

    This did not work. I'm not sure that I clearly explained the issue. The
    computer and printer serving as "printer server" is usually logged into the
    network as a POWER USER. I have ADMIN access and under that logon set up the
    printer to share and then log it back onto the network as the Power User.
    From my own computer, I am still not able to print in this setup. Where is
    the solution? Thanks

    "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

    > See:
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterAllUsers.htm
    > --
    > Cari (MS-MVP)
    > Printing & Imaging
    >
    > "frustrated XP user" <frustrated XP user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:A077B84E-19C3-41F5-A5C6-0992BAABFFB2@microsoft.com...
    > > Under XP Pro with the latest updates, I am unable to print to a shared
    > > printer that is logged into the network as a power user. I have admin
    > > access
    > > and will have to log on using that ID versus the power user ID in order to
    > > print. The printer is set to direct print (no spooling). I am running
    > > Norton
    > > AV Corporate ed., but this does not seem to interfere when logged on as
    > > the
    > > Admin.

Power Printers Windows XP