Hoping someone can figure this out... I just can't seem to print from my
laptop on any printer through the usb ports. Here are the facts:

I have Win XP Pro SP2
parallel port works fine... no problems
USB cable and printer are fine. My wife uses them both all the time. Plus,
printing fails through all usb cables and all printers i've tried.
This is happening with all printers no matter how many times I reinstall
drivers.
I can use the usb with my MP3 player without problem.
The omputer recognizes new printers/hardware without issue and installs them.

Basically, the usb seems to work. I can transfer music to my MP3 player, it
recognizes new hardware, etc. But, anytime I try to print I get an error
message in a bubble by the printing queue. With some printers it will print
half a page and then nothing. With other printers it's just an internal error
message that prints. I can't understand it.

Printing half a page generally suggests corrupted drivers. Try unisntalling
and reinstalling the printer completely.....

Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"displacer" <displacer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hoping someone can figure this out... I just can't seem to print from my
> laptop on any printer through the usb ports. Here are the facts:
>
> I have Win XP Pro SP2
> parallel port works fine... no problems
> USB cable and printer are fine. My wife uses them both all the time. Plus,
> printing fails through all usb cables and all printers i've tried.
> This is happening with all printers no matter how many times I reinstall
> drivers.
> I can use the usb with my MP3 player without problem.
> The omputer recognizes new printers/hardware without issue and installs
> them.
>
> Basically, the usb seems to work. I can transfer music to my MP3 player,
> it
> recognizes new hardware, etc. But, anytime I try to print I get an error
> message in a bubble by the printing queue. With some printers it will
> print
> half a page and then nothing. With other printers it's just an internal
> error
> message that prints. I can't understand it.

Thanks for the response, but I had seen this suggestion in someone else's
thread and tried it out before I posted. Besides, it happens an different
printers.

Anyone have any other suggestions?