[problem] with installation of lexmark x5250

Hi,
I've a problem with instalation of lexmark x5250 printer,
I was using xp with SP2, and the error was occuring during the installation
of the printed, I have called lexmark helpdesk and they've told me that I
must uninstall SP2,
I have do it and now the problem still occures:(

does anyone have any ideas? maby someone has the same problem? I'm a little
bit angry, its the new printer, I dunno who made a wrong soft, microsoft or
lexmark.. ehhh

thanks for the help !
b,

--
http://ozetec.net

What is the exact text of the error message?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"ozetec aka oziszan" <bm@WYTNIJTOfabrykarapu.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've a problem with instalation of lexmark x5250 printer,
> I was using xp with SP2, and the error was occuring during the
> installation
> of the printed, I have called lexmark helpdesk and they've told me that I
> must uninstall SP2,
> I have do it and now the problem still occures:(
>
> does anyone have any ideas? maby someone has the same problem? I'm a
> little
> bit angry, its the new printer, I dunno who made a wrong soft, microsoft
> or
> lexmark.. ehhh
>
> thanks for the help !
> b,
>
> --
> http://ozetec.net

laura

i'm having the same problem with my printer. i had a canon multipassf50
connected and then one day it wouldn't print anymore. i htought it was the
printer and bought a new one, but i keep getting an error message saying the
printer could not be successfully installed. i am logged on as the
administrator and have tried downloading drivers too. please help. laura

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> What is the exact text of the error message?
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> "ozetec aka oziszan" <bm@WYTNIJTOfabrykarapu.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I've a problem with instalation of lexmark x5250 printer,
> > I was using xp with SP2, and the error was occuring during the
> > installation
> > of the printed, I have called lexmark helpdesk and they've told me that I
> > must uninstall SP2,
> > I have do it and now the problem still occures:(
> >
> > does anyone have any ideas? maby someone has the same problem? I'm a
> > little
> > bit angry, its the new printer, I dunno who made a wrong soft, microsoft
> > or
> > lexmark.. ehhh
> >
> > thanks for the help !
> > b,
> >
> > --
> > http://ozetec.net

First thing to do is disconnect the printer from the PC.

Follow Bruce Sanderson's instructions to completely clean all remnants of
the printer drivers...

Download a new set of drivers from the Canon website:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadIndexAct

Ensure you also get the update for SP2 if you have SP2 installed.

Install the software and do NOT reconnect the printer until the software
tells you to do so.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i'm having the same problem with my printer. i had a canon multipassf50
> connected and then one day it wouldn't print anymore. i htought it was
> the
> printer and bought a new one, but i keep getting an error message saying
> the
> printer could not be successfully installed. i am logged on as the
> administrator and have tried downloading drivers too. please help. laura
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> What is the exact text of the error message?
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP)
>> Printing & Imaging
>>
>> "ozetec aka oziszan" <bm@WYTNIJTOfabrykarapu.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi,
>> > I've a problem with instalation of lexmark x5250 printer,
>> > I was using xp with SP2, and the error was occuring during the
>> > installation
>> > of the printed, I have called lexmark helpdesk and they've told me that
>> > must uninstall SP2,
>> > I have do it and now the problem still occures:(
>> >
>> > does anyone have any ideas? maby someone has the same problem? I'm a
>> > little
>> > bit angry, its the new printer, I dunno who made a wrong soft,
>> > microsoft
>> > or
>> > lexmark.. ehhh
>> >
>> > thanks for the help !
>> > b,
>> >
>> > --
>> > http://ozetec.net

laura

it's not really an error message, but the connection wizard just says that it
was not able to successfully install the printer and then my only choice is
to finish and that's it. i have connected and reconnected, tried installing
it every way i know how. neither printer will work and i don't think it's
where they connect to the computer, because one connects with USB and the
other by parallel port. with the canon multipass f50, the connection wizard
won't even launch, manually or automatically. nothing is detected. my
multipass status monitor says that it is unable to communicate with the
device. when i try to go into control panel and printers and faxes, there is
nothing there, even though it has been installed and was working fine up
until a couple of weeks ago when suddenly it just stopped working. i have
tried system restore but it just says it cannot be restored to any point i
try to restore it to. please help! i need my printer for work. thank you.

"laura" wrote:

> i'm having the same problem with my printer. i had a canon multipassf50
> connected and then one day it wouldn't print anymore. i htought it was the
> printer and bought a new one, but i keep getting an error message saying the
> printer could not be successfully installed. i am logged on as the
> administrator and have tried downloading drivers too. please help. laura
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
> > What is the exact text of the error message?
> > --
> > Cari (MS-MVP)
> > Printing & Imaging
> >
> > "ozetec aka oziszan" <bm@WYTNIJTOfabrykarapu.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi,
> > > I've a problem with instalation of lexmark x5250 printer,
> > > I was using xp with SP2, and the error was occuring during the
> > > installation
> > > of the printed, I have called lexmark helpdesk and they've told me that I
> > > must uninstall SP2,
> > > I have do it and now the problem still occures:(
> > >
> > > does anyone have any ideas? maby someone has the same problem? I'm a
> > > little
> > > bit angry, its the new printer, I dunno who made a wrong soft, microsoft
> > > or
> > > lexmark.. ehhh
> > >
> > > thanks for the help !
> > > b,
> > >
> > > --
> > > http://ozetec.net

Have you tried starting the Printer Spooler?

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm

If it won't start, it should come with an error message. Report back with
the error message.
--

> it's not really an error message, but the connection wizard just says that
> it
> was not able to successfully install the printer and then my only choice
> is
> to finish and that's it. i have connected and reconnected, tried
> installing
> it every way i know how. neither printer will work and i don't think it's
> where they connect to the computer, because one connects with USB and the
> other by parallel port. with the canon multipass f50, the connection
> wizard
> won't even launch, manually or automatically. nothing is detected. my
> multipass status monitor says that it is unable to communicate with the
> device. when i try to go into control panel and printers and faxes, there
> is
> nothing there, even though it has been installed and was working fine up
> until a couple of weeks ago when suddenly it just stopped working. i have
> tried system restore but it just says it cannot be restored to any point i
> try to restore it to. please help! i need my printer for work. thank
> you.
>
> "laura" wrote:
>
>> i'm having the same problem with my printer. i had a canon multipassf50
>> connected and then one day it wouldn't print anymore. i htought it was
>> the
>> printer and bought a new one, but i keep getting an error message saying
>> the
>> printer could not be successfully installed. i am logged on as the
>> administrator and have tried downloading drivers too. please help.
>> laura
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>>
>> > What is the exact text of the error message?
>> > --
>> > Cari (MS-MVP)
>> > Printing & Imaging
>> >
>> > "ozetec aka oziszan" <bm@WYTNIJTOfabrykarapu.com> wrote in message

laura

It says the requested service has already been started.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Have you tried starting the Printer Spooler?
>
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article%20Nine.htm
>
> If it won't start, it should come with an error message. Report back with
> the error message.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> Printing & Imaging
>
> In Loving Memory of our dear friend Alex Nichol MVP
>
> "laura" <laura@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > it's not really an error message, but the connection wizard just says that
> > it
> > was not able to successfully install the printer and then my only choice
> > is
> > to finish and that's it. i have connected and reconnected, tried
> > installing
> > it every way i know how. neither printer will work and i don't think it's
> > where they connect to the computer, because one connects with USB and the
> > other by parallel port. with the canon multipass f50, the connection
> > wizard
> > won't even launch, manually or automatically. nothing is detected. my
> > multipass status monitor says that it is unable to communicate with the
> > device. when i try to go into control panel and printers and faxes, there
> > is
> > nothing there, even though it has been installed and was working fine up
> > until a couple of weeks ago when suddenly it just stopped working. i have
> > tried system restore but it just says it cannot be restored to any point i
> > try to restore it to. please help! i need my printer for work. thank
> > you.
> >
> > "laura" wrote:
> >
> >> i'm having the same problem with my printer. i had a canon multipassf50
> >> connected and then one day it wouldn't print anymore. i htought it was
> >> the
> >> printer and bought a new one, but i keep getting an error message saying
> >> the
> >> printer could not be successfully installed. i am logged on as the
> >> administrator and have tried downloading drivers too. please help.
> >> laura

OK let's start with just one printer.

Ensure they are both disconnected from the PC and reboot the PC.

Download a new set of drivers for the Canon F50 from the Canon website.
Install them and do not connect the printer to the PC until the software
tells you to do so.

Is that successful?