printer profiles

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have been given the profile for a printer I want to use at a color lab.
What folder do I put it into? i.e.,how do I install it? Thanks.

Larry

You can do this by connecting a phone to the "Phone" jack on the modem (so
you have manual voice access to the telephone line) and setting your modem
to NOT wait for a dial tone. You call the manual, operator controlled fax
machine number with the telephone. You have your fax ready to send with a 1
or 2 digit FALSE phone number. You then tell the Fax Machine operator to
press his "Start" button as soon as he hears your short, false phone number
finish dialing. Your modem should "blind dial" the false number, the two
modems should begin their negotiation sequence, and finish the transmission.

This method is very similar to what you'd do with two Fax Machines; the
sending end would call the receiving end with the handset attached to his
Fax Machine, the receiving operator would answer on his handset, and both
ends press their "Start" buttons.

Hal
--
Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

"Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been given the profile for a printer I want to use at a color lab.
> What folder do I put it into? i.e.,how do I install it? Thanks.
>
> Larry

Please ignore the other message I posted, it was meant for another person...

Hal