Fax server API version does not support the requested oper..

stuart

I am trying to send a fax programatically using the FAXCOMEx.DLL with .Net
(C# and COM Interop).
I have built a class to encapsulate the logic for sending the fax -
not much to it really. This works nicely when I include this class in a
Windows Forms project and call it from an event handler.

When I compile this class and call it from a web service, the "submit" call
fails, with the error: "Fax server API version does not support the requested
operation". (Yet it works from the WinForms app with exactly the same
parameters, for server
name, etc.)

The code looks like this;
FaxDocument faxDoc = new FaxDocumentClass();

faxDoc.CoverPageType = FAX_COVERPAGE_TYPE_ENUM.fcptLOCAL;
faxDoc.CoverPage = coverPageName;
faxDoc.Recipients.Add(FaxNumber,RecipientName);
faxDoc.Subject = Subject;
faxDoc.Note = Notes;
faxDoc.Body = FileName;

faxDoc.Submit(faxServerName);

I've tried using impersonation to run this code under various "alias"
including the system admin! Same error :-( I've checked all the permission
on the fax server - which FYI is a Windows 2003 server running SBS 2003.

I would be most grateful for any help provided.

Thanks in anticipation.

Stuart.

PS. I did post this in the .Net General newsgroup a few days ago but have
not had any response.

stuart

Should anyone be interested - MS tech support offered this answer...

Change the user specified in "processModel" tag of machine.config to a
higher privileged user.

This indeed did fix the "Fax server API version does not support the
requested operation" problem but obviously will not be the final answer. I
am inthe process of finding out what privileges have to change for the
machine user that runs the ASPNET processes, or what the minimum requirements
are for a domain user that is to be used for this purpose. I'll post when I
find out.