Windows XP Fax Console problem

I continually find other fax machines that my fax console won't connect with
when sending a fax. After dialing the number, I hear the screech of the fax
at the other end of the line but it never syncs up and eventually my fax
times out and hans up giving me an error message. Yet on other sends,
everything works fine. Are there some fax machines that the fax console is
not compatable with?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows console problem

    There appear to be MANY things the Fax Console has problems with including a
    good many perfectly good Fax modems, Cell phones that have Fax modem
    capabilities, ISDN adapters with Fax features, VoIP services like Vonage,
    and, unfortunately, a number of Fax machines. There's no rhyme or reason,
    it just works that way. The best you can do from your end is to make sure
    you're using a Fax modem listed in the Hardware Compatibility List and that
    you have the latest drivers for it.

    Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
    http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx

    Hal
    --
    Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com

    "tjbailey" <tjbailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I continually find other fax machines that my fax console won't connect
    with
    > when sending a fax. After dialing the number, I hear the screech of the
    fax
    > at the other end of the line but it never syncs up and eventually my fax
    > times out and hans up giving me an error message. Yet on other sends,
    > everything works fine. Are there some fax machines that the fax console
    is
    > not compatable with?

    Thanks for your reply Hal, I suspected as much. Am I stuck with fax console
    or are there other 3rd party computer fax vendors that will work?

    "Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" wrote:

    > There appear to be MANY things the Fax Console has problems with including a
    > good many perfectly good Fax modems, Cell phones that have Fax modem
    > capabilities, ISDN adapters with Fax features, VoIP services like Vonage,
    > and, unfortunately, a number of Fax machines. There's no rhyme or reason,
    > it just works that way. The best you can do from your end is to make sure
    > you're using a Fax modem listed in the Hardware Compatibility List and that
    > you have the latest drivers for it.
    >
    > Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
    > http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx
    >
    > Hal
    > --
    > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
    > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    >
    > "tjbailey" <tjbailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I continually find other fax machines that my fax console won't connect
    > with
    > > when sending a fax. After dialing the number, I hear the screech of the
    > fax
    > > at the other end of the line but it never syncs up and eventually my fax
    > > times out and hans up giving me an error message. Yet on other sends,
    > > everything works fine. Are there some fax machines that the fax console
    > is
    > > not compatable with?

    Here are two (though I'm not sure the second is still supported):

    http://www.faxtalk.com/
    FaxTalk Messenger Pro
    www.pigeonline.com
    Pigeon Mail n Fax

    More are listed here:

    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/fax.htm
    Personal Fax Services

    Hal
    --

    > Thanks for your reply Hal, I suspected as much. Am I stuck with fax
    console
    > or are there other 3rd party computer fax vendors that will work?
    >
    > "Hal Hostetler [MVP S/U]" wrote:
    >
    > > There appear to be MANY things the Fax Console has problems with
    including a
    > > good many perfectly good Fax modems, Cell phones that have Fax modem
    > > capabilities, ISDN adapters with Fax features, VoIP services like
    Vonage,
    > > and, unfortunately, a number of Fax machines. There's no rhyme or
    reason,
    > > it just works that way. The best you can do from your end is to make
    sure
    > > you're using a Fax modem listed in the Hardware Compatibility List and
    that
    > > you have the latest drivers for it.
    > >
    > > Windows XP Hardware Compatibility
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx
    > >
    > > Hal
    > > --
    > > Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com
    > > Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-S/U -- WA7BGX
    > > http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!"
    > > KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ. NBC Channel 4
    > > Still Cadillacin' - www.badnewsbluesband.com
    > >
    > > "tjbailey" <tjbailey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I continually find other fax machines that my fax console won't
    connect
    > > with
    > > > when sending a fax. After dialing the number, I hear the screech of
    the
    > > fax
    > > > at the other end of the line but it never syncs up and eventually my
    fax
    > > > times out and hans up giving me an error message. Yet on other sends,
    > > > everything works fine. Are there some fax machines that the fax
    console
    > > is
    > > > not compatable with?

Fax Consoles Windows XP