Sign in with
Your question

Borderlands 2 CD Key invalid

Last response: in Video Games
August 29, 2012 2:09:56 AM

So I purchased and installed an EVGA 660Ti Superclocked (From Microcenter) yesterday and redeemed my Promo Borderlands 2 code through Nvidia's website tonight. At the end of it all, they (Nvidia) Emailed me a 'CD-key' for the game. When I open Steam and go to redeem product code, this code comes back as invalid. I'm wondering if there's any trick to doing this (no dashes or swap 6 with G, etc.). The obvious answer is to call them, but i called at 9:30 EST and after getting the runaround for 30 minutes, was told to call the tech support number, which closes at 10PM. Needless to say I missed them by 1 minute!

Thanks for any help, although I have a feeling that I need to call them in the morning.

Thanks
August 29, 2012 4:37:23 AM

Borderlands 2 that doesn't get released until September 18th, 2012?
m
l
August 29, 2012 7:28:32 AM

rybussell said:
Borderlands 2 that doesn't get released until September 18th, 2012?

That might explain it yes... Maybe try again after the game is released?
m
l
Related resources
August 29, 2012 7:40:27 AM

yea try when the game is released, there is no reason they would let you play the game before everyone else.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
August 29, 2012 10:22:00 PM

I'd call the support and let them fix it. There's no way you should have to wait for release, especially since you get additional bonuses if you register it before the release date.
m
l
September 22, 2012 5:12:05 PM

I had the same problem, and after many try, i logged on my steam account on an other computer (one of my friend) and the activation worked ! I'am now installing the game on my computer but the activation worked on an other one. I don't know why but it works, i think it's a Steam problem so if you can try this method and confirm its success.
Thanks and good luck
m
l
!