Liquid Cooling

mwhenry

Distinguished
May 30, 2002
I read an article in Tom's dated 5-28-01, and titled "A Home Grown Water Cooler For 115 Dollars". Seemed like a fun and useful idea, but other than a link to a website in Taiwan that sell the waterblock, I have searched and not been able to find the two most crucial parts, the waterblock, and the Radiator.
In particular, does anyone have ideas where I might find these items?, and in general any links to other "do it yourself" cooling projects of any type?
Thanks in advance for any information.

GearJammer2513

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2002
<A HREF="http://www.dangerden.com/" target="_new">DangerDen</A> is based in Astoria, Oregon, USA. They sell water blocks, radiators, 120mm fans, as well as entire kits that you can customize with different types of items. These guys even went and put a video on their site showing them doing a pressure test on one of their water blocks. It reaches more than 1000psi before popping! Of course, I don't think a water kit will reach that high unless you use an air compressor or hydraulic pump in your computer! Still, very interesting to watch.

GearJammer

qlm tera'ngan!
(Translated from Klingon: Attention Earther!)