BF3 + GTX 670, Freezing and Crashing

doobydo0bs

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
Hi guys,

I have been playing BF3 lately and it has been freezing and crashing to the desktop. I dont no whether it's because of my GPU overheating or what's going on... So I was hoping you guys could help. I play on 1920x1080 on ultra so obviously its going to be giving my GPU a workout. I monitor the temps and the GPU sits around 65-70C when I play. I have all the latest drivers for my GPU and BF3 is all up to date. And I have also tried reinstalling BF3. Here are my specs:

Intel Core i5 3570K
ASRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Overclocked 2G
anDisk Extreme Solid State Drive 120GB
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Corsair Hydro Series H80 CPU Cooler
OCZ Fatal1ty Series 750W Modular
LG Blu-ray DVD Drive
NZXT Phantom Case
ASUS 24 LED Moniter

Thanks for any advice.

DarkLord1984

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
You could try downloading MSI Afterburner and creating a custom fan speed profile... my GPU was getting around those temps as well (I've also got a GTX670) and there's a setting in Afterburner you can use to set how high the fan speed goes once it gets to a certain temperature... I've done this on mine by clicking User Define on the bottom left and then clicking Settings/Fan and playing with the speed/temperature graph.... once I did that my GPU temps seemed to drop quite rapidly... just a thought anyway.

DarkLord1984

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2012
Not really but I noticed my GPU temps were skyrocketing up to around where yours were and even higher at times (got over 80 at one point) so I thought my graphics card probably won't last too long at those temps, so I've made the adjustments to the fan profile and that's kept it right down ever since.