Does the program for send and receive fax that is in XP work well or what
would be a better program to use. Not doing a lot of faxing but want to fax
more then one sheet at a time. Can you send more then one sheet at a time
with XP?

Byte

It is a basic fax program and works well including sending multiple pages,
which also includes a cover page if you like. To activate this feature, go to
Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs/Add/remove Windows
Components (on the left side). Tick FAX Services>Next>and follow prompts.
Have your XP CD ready to insert when it asks for it.

"walt" wrote:

> Does the program for send and receive fax that is in XP work well or what
> would be a better program to use. Not doing a lot of faxing but want to fax
> more then one sheet at a time. Can you send more then one sheet at a time
> with XP?

Thanks for the info, I do not have a XP CD it came preinstalled on the
computer. Would what I need be on the recovery CD? Or I do have a XP CD for
my other computer, could I insert that one if it asks for a CD?

"Byte" wrote:

> It is a basic fax program and works well including sending multiple pages,
> which also includes a cover page if you like. To activate this feature, go to
> Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs/Add/remove Windows
> Components (on the left side). Tick FAX Services>Next>and follow prompts.
> Have your XP CD ready to insert when it asks for it.
>
> "walt" wrote:
>
> > Does the program for send and receive fax that is in XP work well or what
> > would be a better program to use. Not doing a lot of faxing but want to fax
> > more then one sheet at a time. Can you send more then one sheet at a time
> > with XP?

Byte

Check if you have a C:\I386 bin file/folder on your drive. It may be there.
If not, you can try another XP CD and may work. Some vendors have included
utility disks with their PCs which also include drivers.

"walt" wrote:

> Thanks for the info, I do not have a XP CD it came preinstalled on the
> computer. Would what I need be on the recovery CD? Or I do have a XP CD for
> my other computer, could I insert that one if it asks for a CD?
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > It is a basic fax program and works well including sending multiple pages,
> > which also includes a cover page if you like. To activate this feature, go to
> > Start/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs/Add/remove Windows
> > Components (on the left side). Tick FAX Services>Next>and follow prompts.
> > Have your XP CD ready to insert when it asks for it.
> >
> > "walt" wrote:
> >
> > > Does the program for send and receive fax that is in XP work well or what
> > > would be a better program to use. Not doing a lot of faxing but want to fax
> > > more then one sheet at a time. Can you send more then one sheet at a time
> > > with XP?

Thanks for the help